1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it standard

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chitownsnowedin, Feb 4, 2008.

1. chitownsnowedin

chitownsnowedin Member
    from Chicago

To charge extra to move large snow piles on a commercial account that is seasonal. It is written in the contract that it is an extra charge but everytime they ask to move a pile and I mention they charge they act surprised.

So is this a normal extra?

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

It is for us !!!!

We do have one, that the 1st its on us then the rest they pay for it

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Depends if you stacked it properly and are running out of room tell them it's extra. But if you did a half ass job you better fix it at no charge.

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

yea its always extra for us. we have had resi's that said they wanted all the snow moved into the back yard. we said ok. brought a loader up there. did it and they paid a pretty penny for it. but thats what they wanted. we'vw also got seasonals that have certian areas we can stack snow so that moving is included.

5. BenW455

BenW455 Junior Member
    from WV

Any time we fire the backhoe up we charge for it.payup

6. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

We have one seasonal that they have a limited amount of space for snow during the season and once that gets filled, then they pay for us to come in w/ a loader and move it to the back lawn.
    They realize you can only push so much snow into any available nook & cranny b/f that gets filled and you have to move it. They essentially bet on the fact that we'll have a light snowfall season and those area will typically melt down b/f the next "Big" snow fall.

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Ha ha! lol They wish this year! I've had tons of problems with snow piling up at my residentials. It's been nuts.

8. Neige

Neige Sponsor

All my accounts its included. With my residential there is no problem we use tractors with snow blowers.

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

On my seasonals it depends on if it's a "light" year or not.

If it's a light year, and I want to do on my own time, I won't charge.

If it's called in by the client, I'll tell them it's a charge, it's listed in the service agreement as a charge, but then I'll usually write it up as a charge off.

If it's more than once, then they pay.