1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is it really worth the work???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ABES, Oct 18, 2007.

1. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

so hears the deal a guy i work with has a 1996 chevy K1500 that is about to be junked in the next couple weeks he got rear ended at 40 mph and the frame is really bent the truck still runs and drives but its not the same.. anyways the truck had a western unimount plow on it since new. he said i can take any parts of the truck that i want for mine. but the mount had been on the truck since new and im guessing the bolts are rusted to hell and when i looked at the wiring it was coroded preety bad in one of the plugs. is it worth my time to try to remove the plow equiptment or should i let it go to the junkyard? another thing i was interested in is it was set up with dual battereies i think if i can figure it out i am going to try to use the parts for my truck.

thanks for the help guys

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

cut it off with a grinder or cutting torch. five minutes.