1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to lube the front spindle bearing ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by shade111, Nov 17, 2004.

1. shade111

shade111 Junior Member
    from ct.

I was thinking maybe you could lube the spindle bearing through the vacuum fitings on trucks that don't use the vacuum for auto locks. Like mine are manual lockers and I was thinking to put some grease and 90 w mixed and force it into the fittings ? What do you think or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Hey don't be like my evil cousin "JuryRig1"

Do it right, god knows where that would end up going or effecting.
    You get too much grease or gunk in there the hubs will not be able to move or fully engage.
    The Ford / Warn manual hubs are held on with Allen head screws or are supposed to be.
    Pull them out and clean them and lightly grease them with good all temp grease. They sell kits with the screws and O ring for both hubs.
    It's best to replace this stuff when you do it, better to be safe then buying new hubs.
    And as far as wheel bearings they need to be cleaned,inspected,packed and the correct tension dialed in or they will fail in 50 miles.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Yep, wrong tree. Not to mention, what the grease and gear oil would do to the rest of your vacuum system and its components.