1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to have a rear plow and a v box spreader???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gottaluvplows, Feb 13, 2010.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

The catch is is it possible(to have a Vbox spreader and a rear plow) Like would the salt spread evenly or idk i saw a guy with a setup like explained above^^ Maybe he was jus transporting it....... I dont know!

it kinda looked like this with a 8' rear plow
    [​IMG]

2. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Your probably talking about TrippleL. I believe he runs both a vbox and his ebling at the same time.

4. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

i found that by doing a search

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I ordered Triple L's for him and he's very happy with it. I have pricing if you want it and I can give you a really good deal this time of year.

6. gottaluvplows

Buy you have to extend the spinner and everything is it worth it??

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Most spinners are 1" shaft and it will cost next to nothing to extend. Is a 16 ft back blade worth it for time savings, do a search and find out for yourself. Once you use an Ebling there is no going back. You'll actually find you hardly use your front blade because the back blade is so productive. Ask the guys that have them don't take my word for it.

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

You would be better off with the salter on a seperate truck.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree but Chad makes out very well with his.

10. gottaluvplows

I know right! .....then you also would have to back over the snow...im not sayin' my truck couldnt take it but..idk
    I like my front plow!

11. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

we have a vee box in one of our trucks with a back blade. the key is having two lift cyl. and make sure it goes high enough. it looks like you are from MI. ours was make on the west side by b &b trucking. (competitor of ebling) 8 ft mold board with 2 2' swing wings. it works great.
    we needed it because his route is so far away from most of the rest of the trucks so we dont have to send two trucks to that part of town.

good luck

12. V-Boss

V-Boss Member

I've only seen one around town, it was a 1 ton Chevy flatbed, I thought it was something else, hadn't seen one with both before.

13. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

ours is on an 05 chevy 2500 hd. had stronger springs put in by state spring. its a lot of weight for a 2500 but with extra leaf springs seems to handle it fine.