1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to control the SEHP style pump with two momentary switches?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JFon101231, Nov 17, 2011.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I currently have a Fisher belt driven Speedcast system, and its slow. I have a 8' Fisher with a big highway edge on it, and even without snow on it I often need to shift to neutral to get it raised. I replaced the pump with another (used from CL), and its still slow. I'm thinking now of going to a Western electric pump, and found one that includes the full pump with motor, and wiring, but no joystick. Is it possible to put something together fairly easily to control without spending $100+ on a joystick or more for the handheld version? This is predominantly a personal rig.

Thanks, Jeff
  2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

You should be able to make something work just need the get power to the solenoid when up right or left is pressed and control the right spool. Only thing would be wit down you need to keep sending power to the s2 cartridge so it will float the valve will have to remain open and you don't want the motor to run when lowering the plow. I would just bite the bullet and buy a controller but anything can be done. Good luck