1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to change lights????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by KelleyZP, Aug 26, 2008.

1. KelleyZP

KelleyZP Member

Ok guys I have a ? for you- I have a 7'6'' Western Ultra mount on my '03 F250. I was wondering how hard it would be (If at all possible) to update my plow with the new NightHawk lights. Any and all information is greatly appreciated as well as your opinions...
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just need the 28800 light kit and may need to drill the two extra mounting holes for the twin mounting studs that the Nighthawks use. The holes may or may not already be there depending on the age of the plow.
  3. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Just make sure that when you raise your plow, none of the raise related parts hit the lights. Hydrolics are strong and it would't take much to crack the lights.
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The lights are going in the same place, so your hydraulic lift, isn't any where near your lights. Watch your toes also because your blade is heavy.:D
  5. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

The older fisher lift arm would hit and bc it is a western i thought it might be the same. My bad.

and sometime steel toe boots don't help.... trust me from experience. OWWWW!