1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is It Over In The Northeast?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sonnyny, Mar 26, 2004.

1. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

I just looked at the longrange forecast for Vt. and it looks warm, 40's and 50's. Anybody seen this kind of waether in March and then another round of winter in April? I just put the for sale sign on the truck.
  2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I think its pretty much over,putting my sander in storage this weekend
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I have seen it snow in March, but not enough for me to plow in the last four years. The long range forecast shows temps in the 40s. I'm leaving here Apr 2 for a couple of weeks. The wife is sure we'll get a blizzard while I'm gone.:eek:
  4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

It must be about 65 here today, iam going outside to wash the truck and plow. I think its over but ill keep the plow redy to attach for another month or so.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have seen it get cold and snow on april 1 in 97 i think like 8 or 10 inches and it stayed cold for week
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I think winter's pretty much toast! The forecast has warm temp's all week long then April appears. Like we Cleveland sports fans always say : "Wait Till Next Year!", more pitchers, new quarterback, taller center, bigger linemen, more snow!
  7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's over everywhere.:nod: :cry:
  8. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I put up the sander today and got out the trailer. The plows are still at the "ready". I plowed on April 8th last year.

9. LI landscaping

LI landscaping Junior Member
    from NY

I plowed 4/08 last year and 4 / 10 3 years ago. Shoveled walks as late as 4-20. With that said I think the season is over. Although I am a bad judge of weather I started scaping 2 weeks ago only to pack it up and start plowing so you never know
  10. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

So, what do we talk about all summer?
  11. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I think it's over, but accuweather is showing two more possible chances for snow still in connecticut :rolleyes: ... Tuesday Night 4/6 Get Details
    Cloudy, snow, ice
    Low 29° F
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2004
  12. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

I think its done up here near the border. As I predicted no snow in March.....one in jan and two in feb. Real bad year suckey..
    Gonna take the plow off tomorrow..
  13. newengland6

newengland6 Junior Member

just curious has anyone looked at the farms almanac. I have seen a good snow storm in april and May. But not for years
  14. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

I haven't put the plow away yet so I'm ready if we get something.
  15. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I just sent letters to my clients saying I wouldn't be plowing anymore this winter, even if it does snow. Ground is just way too soft and I don't own a bulldozer.
  16. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Snow here now, got 6" last night and everybody has already put there plows away and they are now scrambling to put them back on. not me I was ready with 4 plows mounted and waiting. ha ha all my jobs are cought up and I am going to take a nap till noon.
    It sure is coming down now, you know thoes BIG silver dollar flakes. looks like about 3" an hour.
    I'll post if I need help.
  17. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We are spoused to get 1-3" tonight (Sat) and the same tomorrow. Per the weather guessers. There are 50 cent size flakes coming down now, but it was 58 degrees today. Think it will stick? If it was Jan I would be excited!

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I think its over.:sleeping:
  19. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Oh crap 6-12" tonight. I was starting to like half of my lawn...

Oh well