1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it ok to use a plow on a 2005 jeep grand cherokee Laredo?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kdooley47, Dec 10, 2013.

1. kdooley47

kdooley47 Junior Member

As the title states is it ok to put a plow on 2005 jeep grand cherokee Laredo? If so what kind, what size? Thank you in advance.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's all you have, isn't it? They are not built for work. Go to the plow manufacturer websites and see if they offer anything for a Grand Cherokee. I doubt you'll find anything. I just checked Meyer for fun and they offer mounts for the Liberty and Wrangler only.

3. kdooley47

kdooley47 Junior Member

Yes that's all I have at the moment. I've plowed and salted as a driver for a few seasons with a company for supplemental income. I was more or less just curious because I'm looking to do a little on my own time, here and there and see where that leads me.But also when it comes to estimating and bidding I know absolutely nothing about it. I would love to learn more about the industry so any advice would be much appreciated. I'm in Chicago and we get a decent about snow usually. So I'll probably just end up getting another pickup truck at some point. And get a plow for that.Thank you.

4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Those cars are unibody, really not something you want to put a plow on. You'd be better off with a Suzuki Vitara.... which at least had a frame.

5. PLOWTRUCK

PLOWTRUCK Senior Member

You can put a plow on anything if you want but I wouldn't recommend putting one on a jeep unless it was a wrangler.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

NO 05 but Snoway makes one for the 06 and newer.

7. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The price of a plow for that could be up to $4k, if you could even find one. For that money, you could probably find and older 3/4 ton plow truck on craigslist.

8. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

Sounds like you are looking to use the rig for more than your own driveway.

I'm afraid that you'd beat your Jeep to death using it in a commercial fashion.

Find another rig for plowing.

My .02

9. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Since you are in the Chicagoland area I would recommend checking out Craigs List. There are bunch of people looking for drivers. Try hooking up with someone. You'll gain more experience & you'll make some money.

In the spring, you'll see some people getting rid of their beater/back up plow trucks w/plows on Craigs List pretty cheap.