1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it OK to make headlight wiring harness adapter for western plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sdnomad, Oct 12, 2013.

1. sdnomad

sdnomad Junior Member

I have a short and long headlight harness from my 01 Ford that had HB5 bulbs. My new truck is a 08 Chevy with HB3 bulbs. Would there be anything wrong with making HB5 to HB3 adapters and plug into the ends of my old Ford harnesses and then into my Chevy headlights? It can be done for under $10 instead of $160 for 2 headlight wiring harnesses.
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Nothing wrong with making the adapter. Just make sure the isolation module is compatible and you use the proper wires for the bulb. I believe the chevy has separate high and low beam bulbs different from the ford.
  3. sdnomad

sdnomad Junior Member

I was planning on branching off the fords bulb socket with two chevy sockets, one for each high and low beams. I'll check more into the isolation module to see if there is a problem there.
  4. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

The chevy should have HB3/ HB11 lights. Make sure that all 4 bulbs are not illuminated when you put the brights on. If they are watch out.