1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it mowing seasaon yet?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTW, Jan 7, 2006.

1. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Cause it sure aint snowing! :cry:
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Getting a dusting now back into high 30 low 40's next week. :nod:
    Making money on my seasonals. payup
  3. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Look at these friggin temps!

The city contracts pay by trip. :(
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your ever in town give me a call.

5. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Will do! :)
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I was looking at my logs for last year and we had only plowed 3 times by this point, it was from now until the middle of February that our butts left their impressions on our seats.:D

The one bright side to the forecast is the freezing temps at night, good excuse to lay down some salt.
  7. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

We are getting much the same up here. We go for period of somewhat cold weather and one snow storm. Then we get 4 degree celsius weather and rain. Sucks because it washes all the salt residue off the lots each time.

I've also noticed a lot of pavement heaving because of the thaw freeze thaw freeze and my rodadenruns sp? already have buds coming out on them.
  8. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I made a woopin $325.00 in 1 parking lot this season. Seems like it will be freezing for days & as soon as we get weather in the forecast it warms up..rains. The wife thinks I'm nuts looking into the sky flippin the bird @ mother nature.
  9. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Im ready to fire up the mowers :D Love plowing but this winter stinks
  10. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Some places get some and some don't. We have plenty of snow at the moment.

I'd rather have a 4 inch storm than a 12 inch. I charge per plow, not per inch. And when I plow a 4 inch storm, less wear and tear on the trucks.
  11. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

We've plowed 7 times so far. Last year I didn't have a plowable event until Feb. 3.
  12. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

we are going to try and finish up fall clean ups starting monday. :dizzy: the season ended to fast and we were unable to finish then all.
  13. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

ya same here i got short changed wiht the fall cleanups but we cleaned house mid dec and finshed them all, about 20 accounts in all...,...about the plowing ya ive only plowed 1 full storm and the other we did 18 out of our 48accounts...but i checked my log 2 from last season and we had only been out about 3 or 4 times, but it really inst looking so hot the temps for north shore is about 40+ all week and rain next saterday...itll be past mid jan by then...this sucks
  14. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

its gonna be in the high 30's and low 40's all week
  15. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I am seriously thinking about taking the spreader off my truck, take the curtis cab off the kubota and put the plows and blowers away for everything I own. Since I am not using any of them. Might as well dig out the mowing equipment and get it ready to use. Since we might start cutting grass in two weeks.
  16. Mother Nature

Mother Nature Junior Member

And you wonder why?

No snow for you.
    One year!
  17. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Oh My God,
    Now Mother Nature can even read what we type and answer us back!
  18. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Would a snow dance help?