1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it just me or....

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by SnowPro93, Jan 26, 2008.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Are used equipment prices in the southern states and the midwest alot cheaper than here in the Northeast. I was looking in the access equipment mag and there was a 99 Komatsu WA180 Loader with 4k hours for $45k in SC....thats incredible the same machine would sell here in MA for at least 60-70k. just thought I'd throw it up here.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

possibly an influx machines that were used for "katrina" clean up?

3. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

Not just katrina, but every damn hurricane they get down there

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

farm equiptment is similar......depends on rain, heat, and the flow of $$$ in different areas.. you guys in the North east make lots more $$$$$ than the boys down in poverty stricken louisana and mississippi....

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

It has been like this for a long time. I read on here what the guys are paying for stuff out east and I am shocked. If you don't mind paying for shipping you can save a ton. Even the brand new stuff is alot cheaper here in michigan. I am by no means an equipment expert but I do vist this and a few other forums to hear what things are selling for. There are dealers selling new machines down south cheaper than here in mi. and we have it pretty good. My brother got a price on a new holland cab tractor from noth carolina and with shipping it was cheaper than his best price here in town. If I lived out east I guess I would probably shop out of state. Just my $.02 good luck !!!