1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is it against the rules?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by LuvinWinter, Jan 4, 2009.

1. LuvinWinter

LuvinWinter Junior Member
    from Utah

After trying to sift through the legalese of the terms of this site I still can't figure out.... Suppose I offered services to individuals that owned plow/landscaping companies, would it be okay if I mentioned these services in threads (threads that related to my line of service) or just my signature or neither? I've ghosted around here for a month or two and find it absolutely fascinating. Thanks,

-LuvinWinter

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You would need to contact dwoods@mooserivermedia.com about becoming a Sponsor in order to offer your services to members and/or Advertise on this site.

3. LuvinWinter

from Utah

Does that include in my signature?

Thanks. :)

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yes, mentioning in post and/or putting info in your Signature/Avatar

5. LuvinWinter

from Utah

Alright! :) Thanks anyways. :)

6. SilkKnitter

SilkKnitter Junior Member
    from ZONE 5

So Does that go for the companies that always post on the forums? The advertisement that they have in their signatures with their contact info and company's name. Or even the user names.

What would be the issue with helping others? I thought that is what this site was for? If I am wrong then please explain to me what this site is suppose to be used for. I know its not a ranting forum or gamers site.

My guess would be general weather discussions, and other stuffs like that. But gawd forbid we offer to help someone or let them know what we can offer them.

I am not trying to get the boot I honestly want to know. I am always lurking here reading and trying to learn but it has become very difficult lately.

7. LuvinWinter

from Utah

If I'm right, plow companies can feel free to post their own contact info. I'd imagine that plow companies get very few if any contracts/jobs from posting on this site. However, if I were to post/mention/put in my sig that I could offer services to these people, I'd be more likely to get work.

The audience factor is all jacked up. For a snowplow person to post on here, their audience is other snowplow jockeys. For anyone else, posting on here, their audience could be future clientele.

That's my opinion. Hope this answers it. If not, I'll try to explain better.

I'd love to hear an official reply though.

-LuvinWinter

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  8. SilkKnitter

SilkKnitter Junior Member
    from ZONE 5

You are very right!

I too want an official answer on this.