1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is is worth it? 1994 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by uhoh429, Sep 21, 2011.

1. uhoh429

uhoh429 Junior Member

Just got an opportunity to get a beat up 1994 Ram 1500, 130,000 miles with a plow for cheap.

The good:
    -Plow works and the pump is in good shape.
    -Has decent tool box in bed.

The bad:
    -Everything else!
    -Lots of rust
    -Pitch black oil
    -Coolant leak
    -Trans fluid leak
    -Differentials leaking

I'm thinking about buying it if I can get it at the right price. I'll junk the truck and have a decent used plow setup. One problem is that I know it's a Western, but don't know if it will be a plow that I can easily mount to another truck. Check out these pics, and can someone educate me on what kind of plow this is?

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Offer $1200 for the plow and tell them to throw in the truck for free. Then switch the plow over to a nicer truck.
  3. uhoh429

uhoh429 Junior Member

Yep, that's my plan now. Junk the truck, throw the plow on another truck. There are some reasonably priced Broncos near me. Would make a bad ass driveway machine
  4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i just want to warn you that would fit a bronco but that mount isnt exactly easy to find a friend of mine had to look for that mount for along time to find it
  5. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

western unimount pro-plow. Are you hoping for a direct swap or are you gonna do some fabricating to make the mount work for the new truck?
  6. uhoh429

uhoh429 Junior Member

Thanks for the warning.

I doubt the mount would transfer to another make/model truck, so Id be looking for a Ford mount. If that fails, I weld, so I can figure something out.