1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is hardware available for a 1976 F250, Boss Poly V ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Craigwell, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Craigwell

Craigwell Junior Member

I have a 1976 F250 "Highboy" that I want to mount a Boss Poly V to. I am wondering if there is mounting hardware available that is compatible with my truck.

Thank You

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing "store bought" no. You'd need to source an '81-up mount and modify from there to fit.

3. Craigwell

Craigwell Junior Member

Other than some power assist steering components on my truck, I do believe the front of the frame rails, with leaf springs directly underneath, is the same as F350's through to 1985 or so. That's probably what I'll seek out, is there any source to view mounting hardware for these trucks online?

Thanks again

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

5. Craigwell

Craigwell Junior Member

Thank you very much, that helps a lot.

6. Craigwell

Craigwell Junior Member

does anyone know if i am able to get dimensions of the hardware in the RT3 mount kit? It does look like it would work, but I have power assist steering hardware in the way on the frame rail. uncertain if i can adapt around it, or if i might need to convert to integral power steering.