1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is fisher MM1 and Western Unimount wiring the same?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mike0955, Oct 3, 2007.

1. mike0955

mike0955 Junior Member

Hello all, I have a question regarding the wiring on these two plows, is it the same and will it be okay to run a fisher plow on western wiring? I have a guy that wants to trade me a RD minute mount plow for a light duty western uni mount I have on a 1/2 ton chevy. I pulled up to his plow and plugged in, and everything seemed to work okay. So in theory all I need to do is change the brackets correct? I really like fisher plows better and would like to trade him if it will work correctly. Also, the fisher needs a cutting edge, how much do they usually sell for? Thanks!

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Yeah you will be fine.
  3. earl964

earl964 Member

cutting edges around the northeast area run about 100-120 dollars for an 8' and most places will give you new bolts for it. Try and get all your parts from a local dealer so he gets to know you. He will be your best friend if you need a part in the middle of a storm.
    Semper Fi
  4. mike0955

mike0955 Junior Member

Thanks guys, thats what I needed to know.