1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is Fisher And Blizzard Truck Side Wiring The Same

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mercer_me, Feb 9, 2014.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm looking at a 2008 Tundra with a Blizzard 7600LT on it and I were to buy it, I would sell the Blizzard and buy a Fisher. How much of the truck side wiring is the same between the Fisher and Blizzard?
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

As far as I know, almost nothing. I could be wrong though.
  3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Good question.

Western and fisher interchange never heard if blizzard did
  4. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I would imagine if the Blizzard is one that was made after Douglas Dynamics took over then they should interchage same as Western/Fisher does.
  5. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

If you look on the website for the Blizzard plow, watch the video for the attaching the plow, the plow connectors look exactly the same. The mount however is completely different, but kinda cool, let me know how you make out, post some pics of the tundra your looking at. What size fisher are you looking to get? 8' HD?
  6. mercer_me

I looked into this Tundra some more and it's got a 4.7 and I want a 5.7. I might go look at it but, I'm not really that interested. I was hoping that all the truck side wiring would be the same and I could just take the Blizzard mount off and put Fisher push plates on. I'd like to get a Tundra and put either an 8' HD Fisher or possibly a 7.5' Boss V.
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I think blizzard is different because it doesn't use chains to lift.
  8. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

I hear ya, the 5.7L def has a huge amount of power and torque over the 4.7L or 4.6L, whatever size it is. Keep on looking, I'm sure you will find something u like. Keep us posted.
  9. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

I would also go for the very least a 7'6'' HD plow, the SD is good, but I wish I got something a little heavier. Don't forget to beef up your front end with the HD, very minimum-timbrens.
  10. mercer_me

I definitely want a 5.7. My Dad's 4.6 has good power but, I think a little more would be better. If I buy a Tundra I'm going to put Bilstien 5100's and Timbrens in it. I'm either going to get an 8' Fisher HD or a 7.5' Boss V with wings (if the price is right). I wish my Dad had gone with an HD instead of the SD. The SD is a great plow for what it is but, I think the extra weight of the HD would help a lot with scraping and the Tundra can handle it no problem.