1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is E47 compatible with E60

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by zago7, Oct 28, 2006.

1. zago7

zago7 Junior Member

Hey guys I'm looking for a spare pump, I have an E-60, I was wondering if any other
    pumps are compatible with my E-60 set up?
    Thanks in advance.

2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

if your asking if you can switch pumps? yes you can, i had a 47 then installed a e60h the only diff is that you may need to ground the pump or just change the location of the wire harness to make the wires reach the posts..... i can change out a pump in under 10 mins, i got good at it lol lol .....one big diff that you will notice is that you will be able to check the cutting edge bolts right from the cab of your truck,, mine lifted the plow over the hood ! makes for some great stacking lol lol and also the e60 is much faster then the 47with a added bonus you can adjust the drop speed it helps on the lighter plows when you backdrag...it lets the plow slam to the ground and not float on the top of the snow... hope this helps you ???

3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

darn it, i should have put my glasses on, i read it wrong !!! but you still can use a 47....

4. zago7

zago7 Junior Member

I have an E60 on now, I found a good used E47 that I want to use as a spare behind the seat
    in my truck, so can I bolt on the E47 directly on to the set up I have on now?
    withouth making any adjustments? I would be doing this myself on the road if my E60 goes down in service.
    Thanks

5. go plow

go plow Senior Member

yes, i kept all the tools needed, plus some wire tie's with me, i think on my plow the bolts for the pump were 15/16 and 10mm? i dont remember, but it will work, on my head gear the mdII i had to move the wires around to make them reach the pump motor. because the motor on the 47 was on the other side...just make sure that the spare pump has the same couplers on it !! saves you alot of time to change them in the field ! then the only other thing you have to do is just move the chain into another link... what i did for that was use diff. colored ties i put red one link above the one i would normally use for the 47 then use some other color for the 60 this way you always know that your using the right chain link...it makes for a fast install....its weird but i always have a system for doing things to save time... no-one wants to sit out in the cold fixing things for a hour when you can do it in a half hour.... without hacking lol lol ... hope it works out for you.. if you need help let me know i ran into many things when i had my meyers plow. now i have a fisher and i miss my meyers lol . one more thing that helps, if you do run into a problem, keep a small bottle jack in your truck you could always chain in up and drive home with it !! it saved me many times!!!payup :drinkup: