1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is Dodge available with a dump?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by natureboy, Feb 24, 2004.

1. natureboy

natureboy Junior Member

I have 3 dodge's (94, 01, & 03), 2 are plow trucks with 1 salter. Looking to buy a dump for plowing and salting next winter. I simply would like to be able to load more salt so I dont have to make 3 or 4 trips to the yard to reload. I'd hate to have to ruin the look by adding a Ford F-450. But I never see a Dodge with a dump. Can you get a 3500 dually with dump from dealer?? And if so, would it be wiser to go for the F-450?

2. dirtyriffs

dirtyriffs Junior Member
    from ohio

I have seen plenty of Dodge 3500 dump trucks here, in Ohio. Dodge or Ford is up to you. But I prefer Ford.

3. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I have a 97 Dodge Dump and just bought an 04 Quad Cab. I asked my dealer the same thing because I have not seen any around, he said no they are not available. I don't know if I believe him though. I did hear that Dodge was going to come out with dumps to compete with the F450 and 550. WHen I donlt know.

4. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

yes i have seen them i would try Milosh Dodge in Lake Orion Mi i know they had one there about a mount or so ago it was new but was a 2002 still on the lot.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

There is not yet a cab and chassis platform for the 04 dodge that you can put a dump bed on. You cant just buy a 3500 with a box and remove the box because the frame is the same as a 2500 pickup and is not just a straight frame rail. You need to go with a 03 cab and chassis or wait until possibly this fall whem the 04 chassis is rumored to be coming out.

6. MSC

MSC Member

If you want to put a dump body on a truck, one word of advice.
    If you can spend a little extra money, go with a full hydraulic instead of an electric/hydraulic setup.
    Full hyd will pick up more weight.
    My GMC has the full hyd setup, and it will pick up 5 ton at idle.
    My friend's '03 GMC with elec/hyd will only pick up about 3 ton and the pump starts to scream.

It's a little more $$$ at first, but well worth it to go full hyd.

Rich

7. natureboy

natureboy Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. I've also now heard the rumours of Dodge cab & chassis coming out in the fall. Maybe for the 2005 model year.

8. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

the reason that dodges do not typically have dump beds on them is that they have not gotten rid of the hump in the frame by the rear tires. if they were to put a dump on this the center of gravity would be pretty high which would cause a driving hazzard. the dodges with dumps that you see either have the dump 4-8 inches higher than most or have had the frame customized with the hump cut out.

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have seen them also what about those dump inserts they are pretty cool

10. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Nerver Seen A NEW Body Style Cab and Chassi for sale but what would be stopping someone from buying a dually and putting on a dump body? I Think nothing, but Then again I have Never Seen one in the first 2 years of production . Plenty of 94's-02's Dually Dumps around in Southern CT. away

11. Crash935

Dodge is not yet building a 3500 chassis for upfitting in the new body style (possibly by fall of next year for release). Dodge is NOT recommending removal of pickup boxes and upfitting with aftermarket equipment. Dodge rep was through our shop a month ago and made a point of reminding us that we are not to be doing that type of thing (were a dodge pool, so they stop by often). You could void your warranty entirely.

12. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Are you sure the 3500 Cab & Chassis isn't out right now?

I spotted a brand new Dodge Cummins diesel dump about a month ago in western MA. I pulled over to look at it. Looks sharp! Maybe it was custom made for somebody, because the wheels were just like the Fords polished aluminum 5 spoke duals.

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the cab and chassis are out i have seen a handful at dealers here and there

14. Crash935

The C&C's you see are box take-offs, were a dodge pool at our shop and there are no true C&C's out yet, everything weve done in a one ton had been a box take off.

15. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

Was at the dealer yesterday and he said he has notification that the 4500/5500 will be on his lot NLT that this spring (05)

16. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Really Lamarbur? What Dealer?