1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone using Fastrac's on the road

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rdl, Feb 18, 2015.

1. rdl

rdl Member
    from Quebec

2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

anybody with that kinda money doesn't plow snow for a living

ICE CREAM MAN Junior Member
    from MA

That's Impressive.
  4. fireball

The Fastrac's are wonderful machines. And JCB should be the one's for getting the high speed tractor going. They just haven't been price competitive here in the states because of the balance of trade/exchange rate and poor distribution network. The reality is if you are going to do road plowing as a private contractor, someone with a 40 year old road grader will underbid you to do the same work. And if you are a governmental unit, they are trying to use machines that you can use all year round. Belly mowers don't look good on a Fastrac. The city of Fargo ND has 4 AEBI tractors with 12 ft blades. They are awesome for cul de sac's. Very small and maneuverable, their low center of gravity enables to push a lot, and their bi directional attachments enable them to do all kinds of other jobs. Only drawback is low visibility cause you are sitting next to the ground, and a so so heater
  5. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

I want to work for the township who owns that!
  6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I drove one of the bigger ones like the 8310, a local dealer had it sold to a farmer. Words can't describe how that thing runs, the ride is incredible.

I asked that dealer about getting one (the much smaller ones) into their rental fleet, I'd rent the thing just to play with it, it was a blast to drive. They said no on the rental fleet but sure enough they got one in and rented it to the big red Ogre - the Ogre used it in a single parking lot. Money can buy ya lots of things.

I remember rough pricing being very close to 200 for the small one we glanced at.
  7. fireball

rumor has it that they have a transmission and differentials setup for 65 mph. I just can't imagine going that fast towing a haywagon
  8. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I think this would be a MUCH better alternative as you can carry a spreader on the back as well as with the crab steering, I would think it would be more maneuverable. Both are priced WAYYYY above my realm of possibilities, but everyone needs to dream about something, right? :sleeping:

9. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

The one I drove went 43mph - 4 wheel independent suspension, like driving a caddy. When you floored it to take off, it squatted down, gradual corners taken full speed - you would not spill your coffee in that thing.

The sales dude told me that they have to change tires on the **** tanks or anything else they are hauling - the tires aren't speed rated to 43.....

That is one bad ass unit though.
  10. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Very cool!!!!!