1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is anybody aware of the Factory

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gd8boltman, Dec 14, 2007.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

settings for the torsion bars on an 04' 2500 Suburban? I was changing the oil and noticed one bolt was much farther down than the other. I loosened them with the front end off the ground and one side took 8 turns to take off pressure and the other took 11 1/2. Does anyone know how many turns that they are set from the factory? I would like it to start at stock setting.

Thanks

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Its pretty common for one bolt to have more showing then the other. One thing to remember is that with a full tank of fuel one side is going to sit a little lower then the other so the factory has to crank that side up a little more to get it to sit level side to side. I'm really not sure if there is an exact setting for the Tbars.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you found that their was only a three turn difference from side to side, then that was probably the stock setting, as they're never the same from side to side and three turns in variation isn't out of factory reccomendations....I'd just put them back to where they were and then adjust them both the same amount if you want to fine tune the front to rear height adjustment..

Technically, every truck has a factory height spec that GM referees to as the "Z-height". It's a measurement taken from an imaginary line from the outer ball joint to the lower control arm pivot. But most guys like to adjust them to make the truck more level front to back anyway, as the factory Z-height spec usually set's the front way too low for their liking anyway so few guys use the factory spec.