1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is any one plowing with an older Blazer?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RYDER, Dec 12, 2006.

1. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

Is anyone plowing with an older Blazer? I just bought a 79 Blazer with a 7' 6" Western cable controlled plow for my 17 year-old son and was wondering how thy do?purplebou
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Had an old 75 Jimmy with a western for years....loved it.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The old Blazer's are real tanks.We had a 79' with an 8ft Meyer on it and with good tire's and a few bag's of ice melt in the back it was virtually unstoppable! Worked perfect for those really tight area's since they turn on a dime too.
  4. PTLandscapeCO.

PTLandscapeCO. Junior Member

a friend of my has a 87 k5 and love it the thing is beat the crap out of but it plows liek a king
  5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 79 K-5. Good for doing driveways and tight areas. Just put some weight in the back as others stated. The older ones are tanks. I had an 8ft diamond on mine, no problems at all for 5 years of plowing.
  6. ABM

ABM Junior Member

I had an 87 once that was just about unstoppable... I would get a set of Glacier Grip tires for it and put a little weight in the back... great plow rig.
  7. hesko1

hesko1 Member

The best truck ever especially if you make it into a short cap. Check out my signature for my wifes plow truck.
  8. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I put this Ford body on a Blazer frame a few years ago.....great plow truck....but it rusted out.