1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is any body know about snow blower att. for heavy duty trucks??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cryoshi, Feb 3, 2010.

1. cryoshi

cryoshi Junior Member

hello

I'm interesting in snow blower that attached to heavy duty trucks

not like a small push blowers in market...

what kind of Brand out there in market??

thank you...

2. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

Snogo is a good brand.

http://www.wausau-everest.com/brand.php?brand_id=3

3. cryoshi

cryoshi Junior Member

thank you for your info..

4. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

5. leon

leon Senior Member

truck mounted snow blowers

If you would a detailed list I can provide one for you.

Your question is open ended only because of what
    is both available and marketed world wide.

The two stage snowblowers/clearers for pick up trucks are limited by:

The smaller engine used to power the snowblower, the speed of removal
    due to the trucks actual size which requires the auger to be as wide as the truck.

The fan speed of the impeller and the smaller diameter of the drum
    which is an engineering compromise between the engine used to provide
    torque, at high idle, impeller fan speed, with speed reduction and gear
    reduction for the cross auger, machine weight and available space,
    the open auger configuration which delivers large amounts of snow
    which in turn floods the impeller fan the clearance between the impeller
    fan and the fan housing as well as cost to manufacture it and sell it at a profit.

The pick up truck mounted blowers are limited to a vehicle with an automatic
    transmissin to avoid totally flooding the blower and damaging it due to the width of the cross auger.

The conventional two stage snow blowers used for the large highway and aitrport trucks suffer from the
    same issues with deep snow as they must convey it to the fan housing with the cross auger and then dispose of it.

Some use solid drum cross augers with narrow flighting to deliver a metered amount of snow or ice to the high speed
    impeller fan for removal for controlled direction disposal to avoid damaging properties and vehicles.

Many of the 2 stage units are used for truck loading with extended spouts loading them at a low forward speed due
    to piling of snow or deep acccumulations.

The two stage blower also eliminate piles of snow which can create many problems maintaining pathways using plows.

The giant snow clearers manufactured by Schmidt/ Bielhack have bypassed this issue by using a snow clearer
    which break and throws the snow through the discharge chute at up to 22,000 tons per hour using direct drive
    and a propeller fan with a flywheel for torque and high revolutions per minute.
    :waving:

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Talk to Jerre. He has a couple different proto-types and all I can say is HOLY SH!T. He showed me a video on Thursday with his system blowing snow as high as, if not higher than the building he was clearing. His new design I guess blows snow 300-400 ft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its something to see! I have his # if you want it.