1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is Air-Flo with Douglas Dynamics ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BillyRgn, Mar 9, 2011.

1. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Now I have never seen one of these plows in person, but I was looking around on the internet last night and ended up on air-flo's web site. There plows look identical to western/fisher. The full trip blade looks identical to a western, and the trip edge looks identical to a fisher. The mounting system looks one of a kind. But the handles on the fisher mm2 system look like they are on there, and the pump looks similar to a fisher/western. The headlights are old school which I thought was alittle strange seeing all the plow mfg's seem to have there own sharp looking lights out. They are making them in 304 stainless and not just the blade skin which is pretty cool . There web site says they are family owned by the founder of the company and I did not see a mention of dd but these plows look way to much alike not to be related. Anyone no anything?
  2. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Is there anyone else making plows out of stainless?
  3. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

I saw one in person. It is a western unimount. Identical (moldboard and ribs). Except stainless. Not sure if they are affiliated, or if they just measured and copied the design after a patent ran out.
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Fixed.... :D
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They're not DD. My buddie is an Airflow dealer. The boards are similar to Western Uni's and Ultras and the power units are similar to Ultras, but they are pretty different overall. They're quite nice actually.

And yes, Buyers makes stainless shields but not an entire board out of stainless like Airflow.
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

And to add, there are slight differences in the board, the top curve is bent differently, etc. Enough differences that you can tell it's not rolled or stamped on the same machine. The pivot points however are the same and one would bolt right to a Western.

And Stik, Uni and Ultra boards are the same and 100% interchangable. Std and pro's that is.
  7. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

How about the trip edge, the blade and a frame looked identical to a fisher?
  8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The trip edge looks almost spot on to a Fisher - but the trip edge blade is not stainless - just silver painted. (Very disappointing to learn that on their website)
  9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yep westen copy basicly on light duty.

and fisher on heavy duty

air flow plows are made less than 5 min from my house atthere second site.

thay were if not still doing light duty 71/2 ft out the door installed for 3699 if i recall.

and then we have this custom wear edge mfg company here thats grown huge in last year or 2 .

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You sure do know mulch about Western plows.......
  11. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:......Way to Mulch about Westerns......Thumbs Up
  12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Nah not that mulch lol
  13. procut

procut Senior Member

Does anyone else think Air Flo is a wierd name for a snow plow?
  14. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

I will second that statement.