1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is a V to heavy for my Truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rhinohd, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

I have a diesel 2500 ram 4x4 and when I go the western site's plow selection tool it doesn't show the MVP for my truck/engine configuration. Does this mean I am out of luck if I want a v-plow? What other options do I have?

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

A new dodge? Are you runing a reg or crew or ext cab? Western and fisher make the best V's overall IMO.

Soulda read your sig :blush2:

Anywho.....the 100% corrct thing to do would be to get your FAWR and take your truck to the scales and weight the front and back of the truck. Then call fisher with that info and the wheel base and they will do some cacls(or you can go to fishers site and under the plow selection somewere in there in the begining it will give you all the formulas and such) And see how much weight you can add and still be at or under your FAWR.

Second thing would be look at what people are running. I know of guys runing blizzards on ext cab dodges so I wouldnt *think* you would have a problem with a 8.5 V or maybe bigger(duno, no experience with dodges)

Remember though you dont have a plow prep do you, so a dealer *may* get fussy about some waranty stuff. If you get firm and prove a non plow prep and a plow prep share same X that broke or that you are under your FAWR they cant realy screw with you unless they prove that what you added definatly messed things up......but.....they can make things a royal PITA fighting em. Chat with your dealer a bit to make sure things are alrighta and possibly get it in writing.

JMO

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  3. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Thanks for the ideas...

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they dont update there selection system you 2500 would have no problem

5. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

I have to say it is too heavy. I did the plow selection on the website and you can not get the MVP equipped on any diesel Dodge pickup. It will appear on the gas engines, at least on regular cab. I didn't do all the combos. If you go by the quick config, you can only put on a 7'6" plow.