1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is a SD 8'poly bossa good blade

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TPC Services, Dec 17, 2005.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I'looking to by a 8' boss super duty poly blade is this a wise idea to do then I 'm going to do commercial lots,also I have a few private drives to do is the blade going to be a pain to move around on a shallow width drive ways
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, the 8' Boss super-duty poly blade will work great for you. I personally have never owned a poly plow but heard good things. Also, a 8' steel blade would also work and will probably be a little less $$ and the only difference is the moldboard is poly, everything else is steel. I have had my 7'6" Boss steel on my Dodge for 2 seasons and I smack curbs and grind against parking blocks all the time, and I still dont have one scratch on the plow! Whatever you choose will be a good moneymaker! BTW, welcome to plowsite!:waving: :waving:
  3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Welcome littleo92. I have the Boss 8 ft. steel superduty and it's fine for both residential and commercial. I plow a large condo project complete with a couple of miles of roads, a zillion driveways, etc. I think you may be concerned that the plow would be too big for residential but it isn't. Figure that most driveways are at least 10 feet wide which gives you a foot on each side of your plow-minimum. If I remember right, the poly plow is a little heavier than the steel so just take that into consideration when putting ballast in the back of your truck.