1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is a mm1 and mm2 interchangable?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nogoodram, Feb 8, 2012.

1. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

hey guys, i just bought a truck with an 8' mm2 plow on it. 3 plug (pretty sure all mm2 plows are 3 plug). its too big for me so i'm selling it and planning to buy a 7.5 blade for it. if i bought a 3 plug mm1 plow (because its cheaper than a mm2) would i be able to plug that directly into the system thats installed on my truck and start plowing? or is the wiring specific for mm2 plows? Thanks for the help. anyone selling a cheap 7.5 3 plug blade?? :)

2. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

Yes as far as I know they are interchangeable. Only difference is the one handle that locks the pins and drops the jack stand on the MM2.

3. The answer is yes. The bigger question for me is...if the truck has the 8 footer on it and can handle the additional weight (not much, really) why would you downgrade to a 7 1/2? Those 6 inches will make a big difference (don't go there, boys). I went from a 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 on my 2500HD. Big difference in production. JMHO.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, your talking 3" off each end doesn't make a huge difference for driving or getting into smaller spaces, but certainly is more efficient.

5. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

Thanks for all the help. Most of my plowing is inner city driveways. Most aren't wide enough to open both car doors without hitting houses on either side. Basically I'm plowing alleys. Last year I had a small truck with a 6.5 blade which worked pretty good but I need a heavier truck so I bought a 2500. I'm hoping that 6 inches will keep me from taking the siding off the houses lol

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

7. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

If you cant fit a 8' plow down the driveway with out hitting the houses then I dont see how you are going to be able to Drive the truck down there. I dont know what type of truck you have but I see it is a 2500 and I know my F250 from wheel to wheel is about 7.5' wide with the mirrors it has to be 8' wide.