1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is a Blazer a good choice?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 85Blazer, Dec 1, 2006.

1. 85Blazer

85Blazer Junior Member

This would be my first year plowing and I would like to know if a 83-90 full size Blazer a good choice? I plan on doing some driveways and maybe some small lots. Thanks for any help.

2. rush

rush Member

Well..if it helps, Yesterday I used a 93 blazer S-10 to clear an apartment complex and a gas station. We got nailed with 14 inches and it didnt miss a beat. Go go go chevy!

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

yes .i have one it works great

john

4. FeelLikeANumber

FeelLikeANumber Member

I've got an 89 gmc jimmy (90% the same as a blazer) Works great besides a few minor problems due to the age of the vehicle. Fold the back seat down, load up the shovel and salt and rock n roll. Keeps the salt dry and gives you plenty of room to stretch out.

s

5. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Short wheelbase, good ground clearance, good visibility.... awesome truck, used one last year for driveways and tight spots in my commercial lot.

6. chevyplowman

chevyplowman Junior Member

I have a 86 and 90 full size blazers. They work great for me. I love the short wheelbase and plenty of space in the back for salt to stay dry as possible. Good luck.

7. k5plow

k5plow Junior Member
    from utah

Here's my 85 I use.

I've plowed a bit in the past 8 years, but nothing serious. So this year we decided to take a swing at it commercially. So we were able to pick up a plow, refab the mounting bracket and here it is. In the pic we were just waiting for a new edge to come in. But thankfully we are ready to go. As they say about the salt I currently have 800lbs in the back with much room to spare.

1985 Chevy Blazer 4 in lift
    7.6 Meyer poly
    2004 Suzuki Eiger w/plow
    18.5hp 2 stage blower

k5.jpg