1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is a 9" Ultra mount to much weight for my f350?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by F350plowing, Oct 13, 2009.

1. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

I I have a 08 f350 crew cab and am looking at a 9 foot ultra mount but was not sure if it would be to heavy and strain in the truck? Anyone have one on there truck? And would I need a lot of weight in the bed if I put that big of a plow on?

Thanks

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Do you have the gas or diesel? That plow isn't to heavy for the 350.

3. F350plowing

it is a gas one

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Even better. You can go to the Western website and do a quick match for your truck but the 9' isn't to much for your truck.

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

9' will be fine for your truck.

6. F350plowing

That's what i thought i just wasn't 100% sure

Thanks

7. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I wouldn't think so. I used the plow selection feature on Fisher's site, and they say I can put a 9'6" Stainless Xtreme V (1005lbs) on it, and mine's a diesel.

8. F350plowing

i want the straight blade not the V blade

9. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Yeah, I was just making a comparison.

10. F350plowing

what diesel do you have in your ford the 7.3 or the new one

11. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

6.0 Powerstroke

12. F350plowing

have you had a lot of problems with the 6.0?? I heard that there where a lot of problems with the new ones especially with the turbos because the diesel in America is dirty and cogs the little fins in the turbo.
    that's why i got the v10 instead of the diesel

13. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

We just got it in September, and we haven't driven it at all. But my uncle has a 2005 F-350 with the 6.0 as well, he got it new and it now has like 30,xxx miles, he hasn't had any problems whatsoever. I visit a Powerstroke forum a lot, and most problems are with the egr, and leaky heads, blown gaskets. After you put in some ARP headstuds and new gaskets, and an EGR delete, problem solved. Then with an exhaust, and an SCT w/custom tunes, you will be making tons of power, and still be safe.

14. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I actually mounted a 9' Western Pro Plus on my '07 F350 Diesel CC Dually. I ordered the F550 7000# coil springs and swapped them out for the 6000# ones that came with the truck. Direct fit replacement that takes all of about an hour to swap out. The truck sat perfectly level without the plow mounted and only dropped about 1" with it on and lifted. This combination moved some serious snow, and I didn't have the need for any ballast in the rear, although I'm sure it would have made it even more unstoppable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. nekos

nekos Senior Member

sbrennan007, That's a gorgeous truck !
    My boss runs a 9' with wings on basically the same truck.

16. F350plowing

that is a nice truck! i have the SRW so i think the ballast would be a good idea