1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

is a 1995 suburban 4x4 w/ a 4 year old myer 7' plow for $5500 a good buy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by spokanesnow, Nov 2, 2010.

1. spokanesnow

spokanesnow Junior Member

I have a buddy's who dad recently passed away and he has a 90's blazer and and 95 suburban w/ 4 year old, 7', myer plows hooked up. there is no selling prices just open bids. Both rigs have high miles but are in good running order. This guy use to clear the area airforce base parking lot before he passed so i know the equipment is reliable. which one is a better option? and how much is it approximately worth? i have four small commercial parking lots lined up for the winter and around twenty residential removals. We are expecting a big winter in the NW and i want to be prepared! Any help on equipment selection and any clue on what to bill out for plowing with such a vehicle!
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

A 7' blade is NOT big enough....The Blazer is a better driveway rig.
    $5500 is WAY too much
  3. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of blazer is it? k5 or s10? either one will be great for residential. youll be kicking yourself doing resi's with a suburban. lot of blind sports. as for money, i wouldnt offer over 3k for either one.
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Is the Blazer the old big style or the newer small style?
  5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Last spring i bought a 94 suburban with a 7 1/2 meyers on it for 2800. And that was at a dealer. It had i think 140k on it and very little rust. Ran like a top too. Plus they put a new battery in it. I agree with metallihockey88. Dont go much over 3000. And that suburban has LOTS of blind spots. Ended up finding the 98 i have now and took the plow off the suburban this spring. Sold the suburban and got 2500 out of it which means i only gave 300 for the plow. So theres always that option too. Good luck!
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  6. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Couple of pictures of it. Its just how i bought it except for the tires, but they got transfered to the 98 too. Original tires were firestone transforce at with about half tread. Hope this helps!
  7. spokanesnow

spokanesnow Junior Member

Thank you for all the help! after looking on craigslist and in the local ads i found about ten rigs w/ plows for sale, some fot alot less. It is the S10 style of blazer so i think ill have to look else where.