1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is 7' Homeowner Poly Plow A Good Set Up?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by CURLERIC, Dec 19, 2005.

CURLERIC Member
    from NY

Was Considering Putting 7' Poly Plow On New Durango (same As Dakota).i Appreciate Any Feedback.
  2. FatGuy

FatGuy Junior Member
    from Pa.

The Hiniker 700 series is designed for the light truck owner who wants to clear their oown yard or driveway. Get the ease and convenience that Hiniker commercial plows are famous for in a plow designed for the home or estate owner. This mount is available for your truck as well.

Width: 7ft. (6.35 ft. atr full angle)
    Height: 26 in.
    Suface: 1/4 inch HMW Black Polyethylene
    Cutting Edge: 3/8" X6" X84"
    Weight: 449 lb. removable (net of truck mounted brackets and wiring)

you can get more info from http://www.snowplowkings.com
  3. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

Homeowners Plow

You will not be sorry for putiing a 7Ft plow on your truck
    Hiniker has the best plow going
    I own a 8ft poly trip edge and would not trade it in on any else's plow
    This is a great plow
  4. RedBeaverEater

RedBeaverEater Junior Member

ive got a midweight western poly plow on my ram and i can do anything with it.... it will work great 4 u
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Hiniker makes a nice plow, I've run one on a 2500 for 3yrs now haven't had any problems with it, yet.. Other than bending up the kick stand.. Why does everyone bend them up??

I wouldn't hesitate to get another Hiniker plow.
    How much are they asking for it?

CURLERIC Member
    from NY

Put On 7' Set Up Last Winter ( Old Thread) And Found It Did Not Have Enough Weight To Scrape Well, And Tripped Alot. I Returned To Dealer And Installed The 7.5' Plow On Truck. Hiniker Uses The Same Mount Set Up For The 7,7.5,&8' Plows And I Was Able To Just Swap Out The Plow. We Only Had One Snow Since But The 7.5' Seemed To Work Quite Well. They Are Real Easy To Get On & Off And I Think I Will Be Happy With It.
  7. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

Home Owner Plow

Hiniker has made remarkable strides with the homeowners plow
    We have sold 2 so far this year, they have incorporated some new and great ideas for ease in setting the plow for taking it off, I highly recommend this plow, I have a 8' poly trip edge and the homeowners is 1/2 the weight and still has the same quality of a commercial plow.
    Any questions contact Eding Tractor Sales.
    We are a Hiniker Plow Dealer and Service
    I am just an employee and bought mine last year and I love the plow
  8. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

You Bettcha it is

Call any HINIKER dealer in the U.P. of Michigan and ask them. My God, who would
    know better, I mean they push more snow in one day than most others push in an
    entire season. All the commercial plows in the U.P. seem to be boss, don't ask me
    why, HINIKER puts out the best constructed plow on the planet.

Oh, and yes, I just happened to call 3 dealers in the U.P. on tuesday, and also
    one in boyne fall, mich. Results were all the same HINIKER and some of them
    used to sell boss. But I also called other states and researched in that way, it was still
  9. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I called and the personal 7' plow is 4500 installed :dizzy:
  10. topdj

topdj Senior Member

gee I called another person and its 3600 installed, wow big price difference
  11. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I just got my 700 series and Im putting it together tonight, damn thing is built like a tank
    for a homeowner plow has the same mount, harness and pump as there 7.5 an 8' straight blade plows, I looked at the snoway,fisher and western in the homeowner verisons and was not impressed at the pump sizes or hyd cylinder sizes.
  12. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Can I put one of these Hiniker 7' on my 1999 Jeep Cherokee?
  13. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I dont see why not its about 450lbs complete, its a light duty plow and not for commercial use. If your just doing your driveway or a few friends its perfect. It will trip easier then the commecial plows but not as bad as the western/fisher homeowner plows
  14. baltz526

baltz526 Member

so the 700 would be a bad choice for a jeep used on 40 driveways
  15. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I dont know, how deep is your snow, I actually feel my plow is more of a medium duty 6 steel ribs, X braced frame plow and A frame, 3/8" x 6' steel cutting edge,plow the pump controls & mounts are the same on the steel 7.5' and 8'
    if your jeep can handle get the steel 7.5 is 600+ lbs other than that.
    have you checked Snoway? Western midweight. If your dealing with huge snowfall and and plan on beating on the plow maybe you need something bigger.
    I would wait till some of the experts chime in.
  16. Lawn Enforcer

The plow weighs 450 lbs, and it is a 7 ft. plow, not a 7.5 ft.
  17. topdj

topdj Senior Member

yes I said above its 450lbs who said it was 7.5? I said that it uses the same mounts as the 7.5' 8' 600lb+.... you can actually upgrade to the steel 7.5' or 8' straight blades without doing a thing
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  18. baltz526

baltz526 Member

type of snow, wet heavy, powder, then subzero freezing it all into glaciers. standard west coast snow
  19. Lawn Enforcer

Well, southern MN gets all different kinds of snow, but if the storm is big, I would probably plow twice, so I don't beat on our Jeep very much. I asked a local welding shop who sells Hiniker, he said probably $3,000 or less for 7' Homeowner plow. I am just torn between getting a plow on the Jeep or getting a small skid steer.
  20. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Just anxious to start using a great plow!!! :D