1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Is $3,700 a Fair Price to Pay?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Stymie, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Stymie

Stymie Junior Member

I'm getting my first plow and have been quoted a few prices. I think that I am going to go with the 7 1/2' Western Ultra mount. It will be installed on a 2001 Ram 1500 extended cab. Does $3,700 for the plow and installation sound about right? Thanks in advance!

2. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I can get a 8'6" Blizzard mounted for 3500. I think your price sounds high, but, different areas & plows, different price schedules...
    ~Matt

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that sounds right price of steel is up 3700 thats a 7.5 pro or a standard 7.5 i know our 8ft cost 3950

4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Styme -

Are you getting any extras with the plow i.e. snow deflector, cab command controller, plow cart, etc.?

If not, that sounds just a tad bit high. The price is maybe a few hundred dollars higher than my supplier over here.

Just my .02¢
    Rick

5. Stymie

Stymie Junior Member

No extras, just the standard package. This is really for personal use; about 1/4 mile of driveway and private road. However, we get A LOT of snow where I live, usually about 8 to 12 inches at a time but the blizzard of '03 brought 6 feet! (No way to plow that, we had to hire someone with a bulldozer to get us out.)

6. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I would check around some. I got my 8' Western Poly Pro Plow for $3300 installed last year, and I know the poly was about $250 more than the 8' steel pro plow...

Save some money if you can... payup

7. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

Ram 1500

Stymie
    make sure to check the weight of the western..i ran a 7.5 pro plow on a 1999 ram 1500 very little ground clearance broke the A-frame with about 8 inches of gold on the floor ..down time was 5.5 hours..many irrate customers...before the next storm hit i had traded it in and got the 2500..learned a very valuable lesson.. YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR EQUIPMENT..

8. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Don't worry about getting the cheapest price. A low price is worthless if your only plow does not operate when it snows. Start at the distibutor closest to your home or yard and work from there. If you save $500 and the the dealer is a 2 hr drive, you'll loose money in the short and long run. Most plow setups experience minor problems after installation and need to be tweaked. So a delaer who is close by and reliable can be an important asset, especially if you do not have a back up vehicle.