1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Iowa/ill ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sgreanbean, Jan 3, 2002.

1. sgreanbean

sgreanbean Junior Member

Is it true? are they saying that we are going to get that white frozen stuff in the midwest! Please let it snow! PLEASE!

2. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Yeah, a dusting on Sat. and maybe Sun. Sposed to get to 40 degrees on Fri. I don't even know if Chestnut's open? I pushed 2 accounts last week at their request for <1". What do you do?

3. GLS

GLS Senior Member

I hope were gettin some...I heard snow Saturday...flurries Sunday. It'd better be true!

4. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

I have my truck pulled apart and rebulding some electrical items on it..... I do not believe that snow will be here soon.

5. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

On weatherbug.com it shows snow starting late Friday night thru Monday, partly cloudy Tuesday then snow on Wednesday. Snow is 60% friday night, and 40 % on Saturday. This is info for Coal Valley, IL. I just wish it would do something. Maybe I should head down south, then it would guarantee to snow here while I am gone. Seriously, we need snow.

6. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

I think I should go out and take off every blade find a way to lose the plow pins and pull the motor off a sander or two maybe we will get a little then

7. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

I had my plow and spreader on....but end up taking it off, hoping it would snow as soon as I finished taking it off...but still no snow...just lighter truck...See you guys around town..hopefully it will snow, so we won't have to go down south just to see what it looks like.:eek:

8. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

That does it. Spreaders commin off... and I'm going to wash and wax my truck this weekend. If that doesn't do it... I'm moving to Buffalo.

9. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

I'm washing my truck Tomorrow, it is supposed to be 38 degrees here in Moline and sunny. Might as well get one more wash and wax before it never snows.

10. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

It isn't gonna snow

Its supposed to warm up a little in the next couple days. I think I'm gonna pull the plow off the truck tomorrow and then surely it'll snow 2 feet on Saturday.
    If its not gonna snow this winter then it just as well warm up, I'm tired of paying Mid American Energy.

Its got to snow sometime
    Mark K

11. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Usually around the first of Dec. if I get a hair cut it turns cold and I freeze my butt trying to finnish things up before winter. Got another cut today and its just getting cold enough for the lake to catch ice.

Every one in Buffaloo must have gone to the barber on the same day................

Gene

12. sledhead

sledhead Member

Whats going to work?

I took the blade off and washed the truck, the wifes suv, the wifes work car, and got a haircut.
    Still no snow.
    Tomorrow, Im opening the pool back up.:D

Sledhead

13. Yardworks

Yardworks Senior Member

Here is a thought guys. Get some seasonal accounts and you will be wishing it doesn't snow. Money for nothin and your chicks for free. Just like a rock star.

14. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

If I had *all* seasonal accounts then I'd wish it wouldn't snow. Right now all our accounts are "per push", and all I want is for it *to* snow. If I had some of each I'd just be hopelessly conflicted and confused and have to spend all my money on a therapist.... :( :) :confused:

15. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

Hey YARDWORKS

Some of us are sub contractors and we depend on snow to make our money....

We are small and doing it for the income.... and do not have the equipment to have our own seasonal contracts.

So thanks for thinking of us......

16. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

And then there's those of us that need the money AND actually enjoy plowing.

17. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

I washed and waxed my truck...now it looks real shiny. Maybe it will snow now, probably just rain though....here is a picture of shiny truck.

truck3.jpg

18. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

Looks as if we will be missed again..was supposed to snow last night, after midnight, but nothing when I got up....this is going to be a boring winter.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2002
  19. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Hey Kerry-it is sleeting out now in Coal Valley. Doesn't sleet turn to snow eventually? Maybe we'll be able to throw some salt. I would wash my truck but you know what would happen to it.

:D

20. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

I am not going to jinks thing out here, but it has been snowing pretty well for a while now.