1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Iowa DOT Dream Snowplow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Jul 8, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Jim,

Truck looks pretty cool. Keep updating latest info.

Rick

3. SlimJim Z71

It's nice to see that they just said "Build us the best plow truck you can." And they got input from plow drivers, police, etc.

That is one heck of a rig. I'd like to see how those fiber-optic lights look.

-Tim

4. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

From where my office is I could take a rock and maybe break the window out of that truck. They have more stuff like that laying around than you can imagine.Last year they took there y2k water tanker trailers and made brine sprayers out of them.

5. SlimJim Z71

Digger,

They do put these things to use, right? I would hope that they wouldn't just build it and then let it sit.

-Tim

6. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Yep, thats how they test them.Most of the innovations are things that the average guy will never use(or more importantly afford). Things like the friction tester and on board computers for deicer applications. Not much is futuristic in reguard to metal that hits the road,maybe some minor tweeking.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to Monroe Truck Equipment later this week to see more of these. We are going to be getting a liquid anti-icing\de-icing sprayer from them this year. Can't wait to see all the good stuff the DOT"s get to play with. Definitely won't be anything that elaborate or expensive, but it sure would be fun. Our truck upfitter does alot of the DOT trucks in our area, so we keep an eye on what they are doing, that's how I get to go.