1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by jrm123180, Jan 13, 2005.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Does anyone have a sample of an invoice that they send out to their customers that they could send me? I want to make mine look professional, but I am having a difficult time. My e-mail address is smurphy@centralcatholic.net

Thanks in advance.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Quick Books

You really need to get Quick Books. You would be amazed at what I can do for you. Keep salt inventory, billing, Create invoices, Customer balances, etc.

Check out this link
  3. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I'll second that!!!
  4. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

hmmm...I think I may have that, I'll check it out. Thanks.
  5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

If you don't have QuickBooks or Quicken you may have a program in your Microsoft word/office which can work but i agree with the QuickBooks.
  6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I third that!

Anyone else here who doesn't use it? For the couple hundred bucks...it will save thousands, maybe even tens of thousands in the long run.

Stop waiting, if you are serious about business.....get it...now...go...run ...hurry!!! :nod:
  7. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

I used MY INVOICES when I started out many years ago. Now I have grown into a much larger business and use Quickbooks PRO.
  8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I use Blizzard Buster.
  9. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

I currently use quickbooks and i like it alot !! But i want to make it so the bottom part is preforated so the customer can rip off the bottom part and return it with there payment.... anyone know how to do this .. do they sell preferated paper ?
  10. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I just send the customer 2 copies of their invoice. One for their records and the other to return with their check. :)
  11. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Me too! Excellent program! Miss 2 payments! :gunsfiring:
  12. FireParm84

FireParm84 Junior Member

Does anyone have a copy of quick books that they want to share? private message me please
  13. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I use Blizzard Buster as well. I have had it now for 3 or 4 years. Pretty happy with it.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

This is just a question for the guys that send out two copies of one invoice.
    Why do you do that? When they send the check back to you in the mail with QB all you have to due is pull up that customer and apply the payment. I personaly only mail out 1 invoice to each customer, some send it back others keep it and write the invoice number on the check.
  15. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I use Groundskeeper Pro which is a bigger verision of Blizzard Buster. I love it and say its worth every dime. When you print an invoice there is a tear off portion that they mail back with payment. Its set up to go in double window envlopes.
  16. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I do not send two copies..after I got QB that is. When they send there payment I type ALL the check info into quickbooks for my records. Also, in the notes section I put when the check was received in the mail and the date on their check. I keep track of the customers who pay before due-date, on-time, and consistently late. That way, when it comes time for applying late fees I'll let it slide on the customers that always seem to pay early/on-time.

Tom Smith,

I'm 97% sure they do. They being Intuit or whoever Intuit uses for their office supply. After all, you can create invoices through quickbooks for the envelopes with the clear plastic so when you fold the invoice and place it in the envelope the customers address appears. Don't see why they wouldn't due the perforation thing. You could cheat and just place a dotted line across the bottom of the page and type in small font "cut along dotted line" or something of the sort...
  17. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

Brother FF

FireParm84 I tried to PM you but either your setup to not recieve PM's or IM not setup to send them. Either way, email me. I have a proposition for you.

18. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Tom....Go to an office supply store (like Staples)...they sell a little hand held wheel that you can run across the paper that will do this for you. Seems like a little extra work, but if that's what you need, check them out. I've seen them but can't remember exactly what store they were in.
  19. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Did someone say proposition? I'm all ears.
  20. winterangel

winterangel Member
    from Ohio

LOve the quickbooks pro; have this for couple years now and going for the 2005 (pro) then just purchased clip classic to run the business. That will be it for software for three or so years

I only send one invoice and i get the same response, some send it back w/ payment and others keep it and put invoice # on the ck.