1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

invoice wording issue

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by shott8283, Feb 23, 2009.

1. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i dont so much as send out invoices but i keep a log in a notebook for my acounts .. date plowed, time plowed, and conditions of what i plowed.... i plow a few rural (east bajesus middle of no where) rezi's and a big problem i have out there is ... there may not be too much accumulation in the actual driveway.. but from the town/state highway trucks plowing them in..

i need some better wordage then writing in my log "cleaned up the crap the truck left over at the end of your driveway"

i know it sounds like a dumb question.. but im trying to run my gig as profesional as possible and id like a better way of describing this sort of situation

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen contractors call that service "berm removal"

3. Easy

Easy Senior Member

How about cleared apron at street?

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

County/City snow berm at the end of driveway.

Do you charge different for this service?

5. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot Senior Member

i say " city plow passings at driveway entrance."

6. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i dont so much as charge differently but i like to describe exactly what i push... for instance.. they may only be 1" of accu on the driveway.. but 6" of plowed city leftovers that inhibits my customers from getting out of there driveway.. just so at the end of the year i can show them exactly what i did on each day in the event theres any confusions or miscommunications... more of a CYA/CMA type deal

7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have always called it City / County plow ins

8. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Accumlation at driveway entrance?

9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Clear apron berm.

10. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I don't but some plowers do charge to come back and clear that. (mine are mostly seasonals)

If you have a trigger amount and the plow truck has went through already then it is one cost for the berm and the driveway. If you do it prior to the plow truck going past and you go back to clear it and not the driveway, there is another/different cost. Most of the time less.

My invoices state: Removed snow from driveway and sidewalk, date, cost. I don't put on there an inch amount, or a time I did it. I keep that in my personal notes.

11. Runner

Runner Senior Member

In our logs it is marked as "Clearing of Easement".

12. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

I cleaned out the snow bank or removed the snow bank, left in your driveway by .............town ,. municipal, county, plow .

13. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

around here we call them plow ruts.

14. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

we call it plow wash
    slugger

15. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Is that like in the Sixties where ya have a "sit in" or "love in" "bed in" going on. So you actually go in there and clear out the County guys blocking the driveway entrance!!!!!!!!!:jester:

16. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Large gathering of random snowflakes.

17. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I simply put down "clean-up". Or if if theres' a trip down the drive way I usually call it "drifting"

18. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

thats actually what i ended up writing down.. "Road cleanup" and then just explained what it meant.. i think its working ok.. i think all 3 clients that i have can handle such huge corporate jargan!!!

19. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Around here espiacally on the Mtn road the state comes around at the end of the strom or even between the storms and pushes back the side banks. They even will pull the pins on the wings arms. They have no mercy. Most people don't like it. I don't mind give me a little extra $$. In the long run its safer for me as it keeps the side banks further from the "white" line hence safer backing out into traffic. Problem is if it doesn't get cleaned up it will pack to solid ice berm. That snow has a very high amount of salt.

Anyways... I usually word it "Clean up intersection". Most know what it is, its a fact of life here.

Derek