1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Invoice software

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by aloe, Oct 17, 2015.

1. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Hi, looking for insight into what software programs you guys are using. The simpler & faster the better since I'm also the bookkeeper. Also online billing would be a plus

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I use quickbooks, I used to use lawn pro but it f***ing sucked.

I like it, because of its ease of use, quick help (being so popular), and the ease of sending a backup to my accountant

3. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

QB for me as well. I've used it since I started 20 yrs ago. Easy, quick to learn and is also something my accountant is somewhat familiar with, so if I do have a question about how to do something, he knows how to navigate the system or set up the account he wants me to use.

You can also "customize" their template to make your invoices look just how you want. I use the hard copy purchased at any office supply store, not the online version.

4. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

I've been told QB is the way to go. Especially since my off season work is construction related.

Just need to decide on which version to buy as there are so many

5. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

My version is QB Pro 2014. Works well.

6. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Quickbooks pro

7. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Ditto, Quick books

8. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

If you're looking for cheap and have a Apple computer, the app store has a ton of cheap stuff for invoicing, but I wouldnt use it if you were more than a one man operation doing residential's, otherwise use QB.

Plus with quickbooks you can plug in prices and have them ready to go.

9. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

That's the problem. I'm up to 34 accounts & invoice generator was killing me. I had to input everything, every time. Too much damn work.

10. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc PlowSite Fanatic

I use Service Autopilot and sync with QB... Works fantastic

11. mitchrumriver

mitchrumriver Junior Member

i use yardbooks. its free and easy to use. its not as nice as quick books but it will do alot of what you want. it also has a map feature to see what size your lot is and all those goodies. check it out yardbook.com