1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

invoice help

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by traviswalker007, Dec 9, 2006.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

I have an apartment complex contract for a monthly price including salt, in the contract it said invoices due on recite, so i asked the manager last week about the check as was told 20 to 30 days is when they pay??? what should i do with out being nasty..

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

When did you bill this our? Cosider we did have a holiday in there at some point too.

3. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

4. starc

starc Senior Member

I don't have the problem, all my bills go to the same property management company and I usually receive my checks within 10 to 12 days. They can wait 90 days in Canada to pay. A buddy of mine plows for some old age homes, they pay every 90 days.

5. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

A fair amount of commercial entities pay "Net 30 Days" Its commonplace. If they pay before that great! Just take that into consideration for the future.

Make a big stink if you want but dont plan on invoicing them any further is my advice, because theyll look for someone else that gives them a reasonable amount of time to pay.

Do any of your bills you get say, due on receipt?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  6. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

As prices rise, more and more businesses are switching to " due on receipt"

7. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Yes they do, but most go on to say "overdue in thirty days" or something similar.

I have adopted a similar approach, most of my customers have been with me for a long time, and I seldom have problems. New customers, and those that have been slow pay in the past pay a deposit before any snow sgets plowed. What really bugs me is the ones that wait until they get hit with a finance charge, then pay quickly and say they sent the payment before they got that notice.

8. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

not sure if you signed their contract or they signed yours. most contracts will have payment terms in them. The terms in the contract will apply no matter what your invoices say. If you need to change the terms you will have to wait till the current contract expires. If you try to change thier contract it could cost you these jobs.

9. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I gotta ask all the pay me now mailbox watchers..........

How long do you get to pay your cell phone bill? Mines 20 days.

How long on electric?? Again 20 days.

Now these utility companies, do they shut your phone/electric off when you pay the bill late?? I gotta say that if they do, you've been paying late alot and probably are behind or something, cause it's at least 30 days before they even hint of a shut off.

Now do you think that a commercial business just sits there and writes checks as they come in??? Get real.........

You all need to start thinkin of business professionalism - projecting your company as a stable unit - financialy stable.

In my construction business, if a sub says they need paid imediatly upon completion of a job, my thought is oh my, can this guy handle this? I'll find someone else to deal with. If you don't project yourself as a stable entity, you ain't workin for me.

I haven't plowed anything since December 8th, and today my AR is probably about 60% of what it was on Dec 9th.

Not saying it'll happen, but if the guy/gal that awards your contract is slightly irritated (and they will never admit this) with your request to pay quick, or even pre pay for that matter - a company that sends in a bid saying net 15 or net 30 is gonna make his life a whole lot easier. And all you guys that say, my customers are fine with it, they have no problem - believe me, I've taken accounts because of this very thing..............

And the guy that hand delivers and picks up a check 30 days later, very cool, you're just gonna have to figure out how to do that when you have 80 or more accounts...........