1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Inverted V for vbx 8000

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pieperlc, Oct 7, 2014.

1. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Guys running the vbx with the pintle chain, are you running the inverted v? It's optional so boss must be okay with selling them without, but would it be better with? My first v box so I can't speak from experience, I just know they're supposed to take some weight/pressure of of the chain.

2. rjets00

rjets00 Member

I'm using that box without a v. I feel that it should be standard equipment and not an extra. The problem I had with my box was I would get a conveyor motor overload almost ever time when I turned it on while fully loaded and it takes a while for the unit a few minutes to reset, this was frustrating when you where ready to go. I will probably add the v to take some weight off the conveyor to see if this helps. The inverted v comes standard on most Pintle units industry wide, I think for the cost of this unit it should be standard. Anyone having this issue or know what the v kit runs?

3. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

I noticed it's standard on the auger version. My vendor quoted me $277 for the option on the pintle version.

4. Daddyworbucks

Daddyworbucks Junior Member

I have the auger I love it I never run sand so no need for the chain. the auger helps if salt is a little wet or clumpy. Great spread rate awesome unit