1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Inverted snowblower Pictures and Info

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by blowerman, Nov 3, 2011.

1. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Over the past few years more interest has been expressed with snow removal using large snowblowers. I thought I'd start a thread where we can post pictures and information related to this topic.
    To get things started: I've added the Kubota M100X with a Normand inverted snowblower.

IMG_0465.jpg

2. blowerman

A picture of just the tractor

IMG_0440.jpg

3. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

Thats a nice set up, if you dont mind me asking what does something like that run as well as how many drives are you able to do with that?

4. blowerman

It's in the $60k range. As for the number of drives, this is dedicated to a specific condo project that has 130 drives.

5. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Cute Sidewalk machine :laughing:

6. blade runner

blade runner Junior Member

Nice looking equipment Blowerman!
    You Niege and others here on Plowsite have inspired me to use blowers!
    IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

Having trouble uploading my Normand Inverted blower picts.

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

7. blade runner

Cat 252B also wolf paws and 10' snow wolf plow.
    IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

8. blade runner

Are new Normand N82-260INV just getting ready to hook it up to our Kubota.
    IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

9. blade runner

Picture showing the rear blade with two rams.
    IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

10. blowerman

bladerunner, what are you putting the normand on?

11. blade runner

We are putting on a Kubota L5030 cab machine (50hp). We have 140 drives to do in a development we are doing. Eventually we will have 225 to do. We are planning on doing streets with GMC Youkon and Cat 252B speed with snow tires and 10' plow.

12. CM's

CM's Junior Member
    from Midwest

Just got it from Steve @ Fargo Snow.

IMG_0017.jpg

13. blowerman

Good to see guys posting and hopefully sharing experiences with this type of equipment.
    While the inverted blowers seem to be popular in Canada, the US appears fairly new. I've owned both skid loader and the PXPL Pronovost, so hopefully we can all help each other with ideas.

14. blowerman

Not inverted, but one of the best most efficient snowblowers out! Small pick of our TV145 in the shop.

GetAttachment-1.aspx_2.jpeg

15. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

I just purchased a Lorenz 7810SS for my skiddy... Hopefully be in next week. Will post pictures when I get it. Not inverted but will be helpful for many accounts.

16. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

I'll have pictures of our tractor tomorrow when we go and pick it up. Steve from Fargo Snow called me today and said that Normand had a mfg delay and our blower (n92-280) wouldnt be in until dec. 15. He told me Paul (Neige) had a few Shoule units available so he will send me one of those here soon.

Until then here's what we got:
    erskine 2410x hiflo unit on our rc100:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_kWaSFWbk

17. blowerman

protouch, is that Erskine brand new? If not, how do you like it? I've got a old erskine on hand and they work great! The main reason for going inverted over skid is to save time with larger snow falls. That was probably the one downfall of our skids and blowers, deep or really wet snow...

18. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

the blower was new last fall. It worked well for us in the hoa we service. the lighter snowfalls it was a bit quicker to just have the trucks drag out the short drives (~20') but anything 4" or more we used this. It worked really well and we have not had any issues with it. It helped us out by blowing back piles to give us more space at this location where there are few areas to stack snow that we cleared off the streets.

this year, we bought a boss 9' skid plow that we are putting boss wings on to drag out the lighter snowfalls and the blower will be on hand for heavier snow and pushing back piles at the same hoa.

the tractor+inv. blower will be servicing a route of about 130 standard residential drives within a 2 mile distance.

19. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Very nice blowerman, you are going to love the years you get out of that setup. Looks like you do not have defrosting lines in you side and rear windows, I would have some installed the Kubota is notorius for fogging up during snow.

Here is a pic of the blower you will be getting next week. Thumbs Up

photo (8).JPG

20. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here are some pics of our latest addition. This one will blow snow in both directions.

photo (9).JPG

photo (11).JPG