1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

inverted snow blower on new holland tractor

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by turbo5560, Sep 14, 2009.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

been looking into getting a front mount snowblower for my 1510 new holland tractor (30 hp)
    i now they make rear ones, but they just dont seem like the right thing for me, but then i saw the inverted rear blowers on a couple pictures on plowsite and thought with the little back blade that it has on it that i might be better than a front mount.
    What i need a snow blower for is for doing condo driveways, not the roadways. So doing 50 driveways that are 20-30 feet long. Can anyone give me some input on if that is a stupid idea? and if it's not who makes a inverted snowblower for a 30 hp tractor?

2. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

The pull type blower will work just fine for that. I used to have a NH TC33 with a pull type blower. It was 6' wide.
    There are tons of manufacturers. Agrotrend, Meteor, Smyth, Roberge, Pronovost, Normand, Econor.

Picture 006.jpg

3. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

what brand and size do you have in that picture? looks like the size i am looking for

4. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

That was a six foot smyth blower. It was a little too big for that tractor. I needed 300lbs of front weigh to keep the wheels on the ground. It blew pretty good but a 5 or 5.5 foot might have been a better fit for that tractor as it only had 33 hp.
    The smyth blower was garbage. it did not last one season. I spent more time welding it back together. There are much better brands out there for commercial use. This unit might hold up for residential use ... maybe.