1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Inverted for a skid

Discussion in 'Normand Snow Blowers' started by DDB, Jan 24, 2014.

1. DDB

DDB Senior Member

Does Normand (or any other company) make an inverted snowblower for a skid?

2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Knowing how an inverted works and owning a couple of them as well as owning a skid I ask you Why? The beauty of an inverted on an ag tractor is the awesome field of vision you have when oprating the inverted none of which you would have attached to a skid. IMHO, burn and bury that thought.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Herm, what about the Toolcat 5610 that has a PTO and 3pt hitch on the back? Is there a inverted blower that would work on that? I would assume they are all to heavy or require more HP to function properly?

Reason I ask is because I was looking at a Bobcat monthly magazine and saw that 5610 and thought...you don't see many of those around, it's always the 5600 with the bed on the back, I wonder if it could run a blower like the ag tractors do.

4. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Toolcat with the three point possibly. Image is running some smaller and lighter inverteds that would probably work.

5. WIPensFan

Ok, thanks for the info.

6. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

I have a 68" inverted by Meteor (M.K.Martin) it's definitely no Normand or Pronovost blower, but saying that I run it on a Kubota L3540 (roughly 28hp @ pto) and it works very well although a little more HP wouldn't hurt it has the back blade and all, works slick, back up drop the blower and go

7. WIPensFan

Pictures??

8. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

I will see if I can get some pictures in the day light tomorrow....anything special you want to see?

9. WIPensFan

Thanks, just want to see how big it is. Hopefully pics of the whole setup together.

10. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

Yes I would like to see pics of the complete set up as well.

Thank you!

11. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Pictures Thumbs Up

12. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

how do you attach pictures??

13. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

A few pics

z2.jpg

z1.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

14. WIPensFan

Hey, thanks for posting the pictures. That looks nice. I like how you got your shovel on there too. I bet that could go on a Toolcat 5610. What's the top speed of that tractor on the road?

15. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Thanks, the unit works well for us...it's a must have to have the shovel mounted somewhere easy to get at!!
    I don't see any reason it wouldn't go on the Toolcat the blower weighs about 600 lbs. The top speed of the tractor is 15 mph, I notice it loses speed on hills once again some more HP would likely help

16. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

Modified CAT

This is what I use. It works very well. You drive forward blowing snow, get to the garage door, drop the scraper arm, then back drag. You are left with only a small pile at the base of the driveway that a good operator know how to just drive through and blow it on the way when he turns towards the next property.

You also have the option of just back blading if you can't blow.

http://www.plowsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=133325&stc=1&d=1391553150

17. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Gr8
    Nice set up with your skid and tractor

18. DDB

DDB Senior Member

Do you have any pictures showing how you mounted the back drag edge to the blower? Do you use the hydraulics off the skid to move the arms up/down?

19. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I think the main reason it would be nice is for HOA driveways acting like a pull back box but it blows the snow away at the same time.

20. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Would love to see more of the fab work on this. Great set up and makes shovelers job much easier.