1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Inverted blower and tractor size for residential drives

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JimMarshall, Oct 25, 2015.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Hey all, this question is for the blowing guys- what kind of setup is best in terms of tractor size and blower width? I have an idea of how to use the tractor in the summer, just wondering what kind of investment it would take in the tractor and blower to set one up
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

We're running a New Holland TL100A Deluxe and a John Deere 5101E. Both have Normand 92-280 Inverted Blowers. The John Deere is a new addition for us this year. The New Holland is going on its 3rd season this year. I really like the New Holland, and the Normand blower rocks!
  4. ehlingerlawn.co

ehlingerlawn.co Junior Member
    from 56377

We run 4720 & 4066R John Deere tractors with 82" inverted blowers. They seem to hand the 82 fine. We also run 92" inverted blowers on 5000 and 6000 series John Deere tractors. I guess it would depend on what your off season use is for the tractor.
  5. s_aloisio

s_aloisio Member

We run an L6060 with an 82" normand blower and a MX110 with a 92" Shoule. The L6060 is faster and easier in the driveways but much slower on the road.

If you have alot of distance between your accounts I would go with a bigger tractor with better road speed. If your accounts are fairly close together I would recommend the 60HP hydrostatic class of tractors. Much easier for new operators and alot cheaper to purchase.

Another advantage of the hydrostatic tractors is you can set the engine RPM independent of travel speed, like a skid steer) I have many driveways that are wide but very short and on my 110 I am always operating at an idle or having to change into a lower range IF I need more at the PTO.

If buying new Regen cycles become an issue as well, with the hydrostatic tractors you can just set the RPM in the regen range and let it do its thing while you work.