1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Inversed snow blower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Ok the long awaited Pronovost video. It took a while to set up the camera, I finally got some ok video. Now I know its not much snow, but you get the idea. More to come in the future. Will try to back up the camera even more, for a wider view.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LO33biejA: I think you will agree this is the ultimate driveway machine. Ok maybe not all of you.:drinkup:

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I'd say that's pretty fast. I hear some guys can do it faster with a loader though??????????

3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

lol.......!

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

It ranks up in the top for ultimate... Why not get the PXPL pronovost?
    Do you have any of the back drag blades on your inverted blowers?

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Nah, keeping it as simple as possible. Faster this way, clients are used to it, so why complicate things.

6. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Nice video and that was pretty fast to do a driveway. How many cm was that you were blowing. Was that today because Ottawa just got 5 cm but it lingering out there till tommorrow morning a total 2-4 cm.

7. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

oMG my LOAder ISz Somuch FAster I juSt Drive the DUmptruck rigHt Up anD..... haha

nice, it looks like there was only about an inch of snow though?

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure those PXPLs cost WAY more than just the basic inverted model. To outfit his fleet it would really take a major investment.

He just did 4 (or was it 5?) driveways in under 3 minutes. I don't think you can ask for much more than that.

9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

They will do a nicer job, because you can get closer to the garage door. They do cost more, and you need a third hydraulic lever control, which most of my tractors dont have. Lastly it adds a little more time to getting the job done.

10. blowerman

Morning Paul, Because we have to shovel walks and the front of garage doors, I went with the PXPL.. Saves time shoveling. The fastest way we found using the pxpl (typical is a two car drive) is to drive up the drive blowing forward, put the pull back blade down within inches of the door, back up to the street on the same path, raise the pull back blade, drive forward up the otherside of driveway, pull back down and reverse to the street, raise pull back as you head onto he next drive blowing away any snow that's in the street.
    However I still love the concept of the Inverted blower and have thought of adding one for next year. Care to share how much the inverteds cost? What do you feel would be the best tractor to run them on?

11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Blowerman - What tractor do you run that blower on? I watched a video of them in action a while back and they seem to really do a nice job. Please share any pics or vids that you've got.

12. blowerman

I'm running it on a 2006 New Holland TV 145. Somehow the blower wasn't as easy to get as I thought. Turns out, they aren't just sitting at your local ag dealer. Thanks to a Canadian dealer giving up one of three they had on order, I was able to order it in October and recieved it on Dec. 22. For next year I'll plan ahead. I have pictures and vids under the title "new machines and more".
    The concept of that inverted still interests me.. The problem with the PXPL's, as paul mentioned, you need 3 pair for the hydraulics. It was purpose built or so the factory tells me. If the machine breaks your out of luck. Tractors are easier to come by in the event you need a replacement, quick.

13. Neige

Neige Sponsor

They were up to $8,600 Canadian. I think any AG tractor with 85HP on the PTO will work fine.
    Those New Holland TV145 are fantastic for snow. There are two guys running them in our town. The use them for commercial only, a little big for driveways, at least the ones around our area. They kick a$$ :drinkup:

14. blowerman

The machine is quite manuverable, it's the cab height hitting trees that I'm having problems with on a few older projects and resi's. That's why I was thinking about a slightly lower profile tractor with inverted blower. The price would be another consideration, as the pxpl is in the $16,000 plus range u.s.
    I need to see a side video? Soon?