1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Inverse blowers/tractors/snow-wing on front

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by khdl, Dec 16, 2011.

1. khdl

khdl Junior Member
    from MN

I am wanting some opinions on using a tractor (100hp or so) w/ inverse blower on the back, and under-mount snow-wing on the front for two different town home associations (120&180 drives). 1.5&3.2mi road each. Would one tractor be able to handle both for average snow fall (not extreme-12" or more)? They are w/in 2 mi of each other. Or different/more efficient way of doing something like this.
  2. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I think the combo would be great for your sites.
    If you can do the mains before 7am and the bulk of the drives during the day, you'll be fine.
    Doing both sites 100% before 7am might be another story.
    Based on limited info I'm guessing 12 hrs to clean both.
    Is the tractor the only piece you would have? or is there other stuff that can help out for a few hours on the mains?
  3. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I am interested in what gets discussed here. I wish four years ago I had known about inverted blowers. I had about 200 drives for a HOA and lost them due to not being efficient enough. They didn't want skid steers used because they were afraid of them tearing up the concrete. A tractor and blower set up would have been perfect but unfortunately I didn't know that was an option. I am actually thinking about bidding on some others next year because from what I see you can clean a driveway in 1-2 minutes tops and not be trying that hard. I would think one tractor and blower would be enough as long as they weren't pressing you to get it done. From my experience most fine with it taking awhile if they see you working in the area already. My problem was there were 3 different HOA and all three at different locations but with the same company.
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

It depends entirely on how long you want to spend doing 300 drives. How long is acceptable to the customers? I wouldn't attempt it with just one tractor, because when it breaks you're ******. At least with 2 tractors you would have backup if one goes down. And your service timeframe will be so good that no one will complain. If you try to do it all with 1 tractor, you leave the door open for compitition to offer a better service timeframe.

Remember you can do streets with the blower also, maybe not as fast as the blade, but doable for sure.

I see your in MN... give me a call and we can get together :drinkup: