1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by Jeff Maki, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Jeff Maki

Jeff Maki Junior Member

My name is Jeff Maki. I am the National Sales Manager for Daniels. I am please to announce we are now on plowsite.com. I look forward to chatting with as many of you as possible.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Hi Jeff-Welcome. Do you cover Ontario, Canada as well?

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Hey Jeff, welcome aboard and we're glad to have you here :waving:

4. Jeff Maki

Jeff Maki Junior Member

Our Ontario Dealer is:

Jay Brunn from Truck Technoligies in Guelph would be glad to help. His number is (519) 826-9528.

5. Jeff Maki

Jeff Maki Junior Member

Thank You

I was very impressed on how effecient you are Michael. Thanks to everyone at plowsite.com for being so helpful.

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

no problem Jeff, glad I could help you out :cool:

7. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite! I called you guys a few weeks back about a dealer distributer in my area. Everyone with whom I spoke was very helpful. Thanks and I hope to have a Daniels pull plow on my truck this winter. Oh and FYI one of the two email addresses on your website did not work...can't remember what one.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I used a Daniels back plow back in 2001 .Did you change the control for it yet ? It was a big bulky toggle switch. And anything on the power draw for it when you used it it sucked the battery right down.

9. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Welcome to plowsite. We purchased a 10' straight blade last fall and it was a great investment as I live in N. Illinois. The stacking capability is awesome and the wings work great. The thing is truly a beast. Next time we're looking for a skid steer plow, we'll be back.

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

welcome Jeff

our company helped install a daniels wing plow for our customer here a few years back on a fron end loader it was like a 24' wing plow it was a pretty amazing plow!

11. Jeff Maki

Jeff Maki Junior Member

scitown

As everyone who uses our pull plow tells me, "I will never plow again without one". I am glad you have recognized the benefits, like fuel savings, time and safety. I also know your customers will be impressed with the end result. Please keep in touch. Also thanks for the info on our website. We are currently creating a whole new website and I will look into the email problem.

12. Jeff Maki

Jeff Maki Junior Member

New Cab Control

Good question. Yes we have changed that control to a thumb control. We will also be adding a dash mount in the future depending on demand.

Our system requires a 100 amp alternator or better with a heavy duty battery. Anything less you will have problems. This is covered in the owner’s manual available for free download at www.danielsplows.com.

Switch.jpg

13. JohnnyRoyale

Why cant I find any info on that new s/s plow on your website-in fact it wasnt evenin the brochure in the Snow mag this month? What are they worth approx?

14. Jeff Maki

Jeff Maki Junior Member

s/s ?

Sorry JohnnyRoyale. Not clear what you mean in regards to "new s/s plow". If you need pricing please call your dealer.

15. JohnnyRoyale

There was a folding skid steer plow, that folded right back along both sides of the machine (for transporting I guess). It converted to a box plow, or wide straight plow with "wings" forward.

16. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

hey jeff, you guys should consider an up graded control option.... i changed mine with the help of a toggle switch so now i have a "float option" which helps alot on uneven ground were you can get hung up... also makes hooking up the plow ...MUCH easier.... and gives you a Hydro dump option to disconnect/reconnect hydro lines easy

i really woundnt have less than a 2 battery system.... if your just doing driveways one is fine.... but if your gonna plow loading docks, or town homes... a 2nd battery is a must. the main problem being your recharge time on your battery...

when you drop your font plow, (most) dont have a DP system , so is gravity down , and uses little electircal power. T he pull plow , powers down .... then it powers back up.... plus then you raise your front blade.... thats 3 seperate draws on the battery in a short time, plus normally low RPM .... if yo do it over and over with out any travel time , for the alternator to catch up.... you can run down the power really quick

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  17. Jeff Maki

Jeff Maki Junior Member

We do have the 2700 Series skid steer straight blade that you can upgraded with our Patented Pusher Kit which stacks like a box but it does not have a "wing" that folds back. The 3200 Wing is made for wheel loaders above 8000 lbs. which folds back for transportation. A 20' wing can travel down the road 10' 6" wide. We do not manufacture a plow that has "wings" that will fold forward.

SB1.jpg

18. Jeff Maki

Jeff Maki Junior Member

Your Right

We are currently in our busiest part of the season, so you may not see a lot of new options till after the first of the year. This is one reason we wanted to be part of plowsite.com to get this type of feedback. Thanks Mike.

19. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

if you need help with that let me know, i can give you the specs... more or less another toggle switch of somekind...might need a relay (i cant remember) and rewiring... its pretty simple... and works great... id highly recommend it

jeff i might have a few other ideas to help you guys out as well,

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  20. JohnnyRoyale

I could have sworn I saw a video posted here with the plow/pusher i was referring to.