1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Introduction with pictures

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RSR_NH, Dec 28, 2009.

1. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

Hi everyone, i'm Ryan and i'm from Hampstead, NH (south of Manchester). This is the first plow truck i've personally owned, however I did some plowing with a landscaping company here in town prior to this season. As you can see the plow needs some work.. I bought the truck at the beginning of the season and have not had the time to take on that size of a project. So far it has done just fine with my quick patch job, but come spring time i'll grind it all down, weld in from reinforcement, and maybe even sandblast it before paint. I work in Hollis, NH as a welder, so the plow gig is secondary to that. Let me know what you guys think.

1997 F250HD 5.8, 8' Fisher on the front

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

And here's one more:

[​IMG]

3. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

There are alot of guys here that like that body style ford, looks like a real clean truck.

4. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

Thanks. It was a lot truck for about 7-8 years, so it didn't see much salt, as it hardly left the lot. The body/paint are in great shape, the frame is solid. Lots of new parts under the hood, new suspension in the front, new rear end, new gas tank & lines, new brake lines, etc. I'm hoping to hold onto it for a while.

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

great first truck ! i like the combo heavy duty for sure . just a word IMO I'd dump that beacon you have i used to have one those years ago . still a back up in the center console . but I've found its not very bright just my opinion . good luck this season :nod:

6. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it. The beacon was given to me from a friend when I picked up the truck, I fixed the wiring and had it work for one storm before it went out again. I would like to get something better very soon, so i'll have to start reading up on different units.

7. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Talk to dissociative sp? he knows his lights very well and is very knowlegable.

8. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

I'll look up some of his threads and send him a few questions, thanks

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Looks good. And we all like pics. I think JDWalkbehind is gonna like that truck;)

10. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

beautiful truck. light smoke over black tue-tone. my 90's got the light smoke over smoke. those are my favorite color combos on these trucks.

get lots of undercoating on it in the spring, that's the only thing that'll keep the body on these trucks ( i've got a couple 70's fords that prove it)

11. RSR_NH

RSR_NH Member

Thank you, i'll have to look him up and see what he's got as well.

Thank you, I love the colors as well.. Believe me, the undercoating will be done as soon as that warm spring weather shows up. I've seen what New England weather does to these trucks (seeing as finding a decent one is VERY rare) and i'll do anything to keep this thing in good shape for a while.

12. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I like that truck.

13. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Nice OBS. Clean

14. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Nice, Im a GM guy but I have to say that body style Ford is my favorite. Looks like a clean truck, Wow I haven't seen too many original fully hydraulic Minute Mounts around anymore. Nice setup.

15. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

welcome. nice truck.

16. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Oh yes i do Mike! HHhmmm that truck looks familiar:nod:

Nice looking OBS! Looks pretty nice and rust free, i can't wait till spring to get my new bed on! Have you had the truck long?

17. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Can I have that truck? I love it!

18. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Welcome to PS Ryan. Lots of good people and info here. Look into the Whelen mini guardian; its bright and not too pricey. Nice Ford- I used to have that exact truck. Stay ahead of the rust (fluid film front to back) and it'll make you $$. Good Luck-:drinkup:

19. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

WOW....That babys clean.....What tranny's in it.....What type of plowing do you do

20. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That is one sweet truck I love the older fords

I love the red and white paint schemes to.