1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Introduction & Residential Snow Removal Options

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by toroman1992, Dec 4, 2011.

1. toroman1992

toroman1992 Junior Member

Hey everyone!

Im new to plowsite, so let me introduce myself. Im Matt, 19, attending the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and have started my own lawn/landscaping service in Milwaukee. During the summer of the senior year of high school, I caught the attention of a local lawn service! He is helping me grow in the lawn/landscaping field and I am extremely grateful. In the winter time, I solely focus on residential snow removal with my Toro Front Runner GMT 200 tractor with a 48' two stage blower and my fleet of toro single & two stages.

As I have been doing this for a few years, I have acquired a few accounts that are a little more, "high maintenance". A few of the accounts like to have their roofs raked once or twice a snow season.

As I am planning on purchasing a new roof rake, I was wondering whether or not any of you have used a poly roof rake and whether they are comparable to the aluminum roof rakes?

I have been using Yoho snow shovels and have loved them thus far. They offer a poly roof rake and a aluminum one as well. ANY input is appreciated!

-Matthew Lawonn
  2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I have a poly one. Used a few times on my property has 3 6-8' aluminum handles. Never broke seems ok. I don't use it commercially.