1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by vince43m, Oct 30, 2015.

1. vince43m

vince43m Junior Member

Hello all new to the site I'm from west Michigan north Muskegon. I have a 06 GMC cc 2500hd with an adapted western unimount I have plowed before never in business for my self I helped a buddy with his route last year for something to do in the winter months (I get board easily) this year I will plow for my self nothing to big just a small operation to keep me busy during the winter months anyone from the area I'd be nice to talk maybe help out if ya get behind or need help I am a fabricator and my father owns a garage help with repairs during the storms anything at all really.

2. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Welcome!

Hope you learn all you want. Do you have a normal job?

Make sure you have adequate insurance and know your costs.

3. vince43m

vince43m Junior Member

im a contractor. i install fence from April till the snow comes im just looking to do something with my time. no i done have a day job during the winter i just sit at home or work on my hot rods but i have a guy that works for me and would like to keep him busy all winter to keep food on the table and so i don't lose him for next season i have million dollar gl i had snow management added for the winter months about 1400 a year for both things i do and the truck ins. is the same commercial that i carry all year long so i should be good as long as im not misinformed. not gonna do comm. lots this year just drives and shovel walkways with some salt. i wouldn't say that i have much experience but im not a dummy and i believe myself to have common sense. i have crunched a few number and have a good idea of what it will cost to run my rig and have added a small markup to make this some what profitable for my self. i hope to learn a lot this season and take my findings and put them into a better set up for next year. if it turns out to be less profitable i will not do it next season. the amount of information on this site is amazing iv been lurking for a month or so and have read so much and learned a lot.