1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Intesifire Lights on old MM2 Style Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Humez, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Humez

Humez Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I have the older model MM2 8ft. Fisher Straight Blade. I want to put the new intensifire lights on it but the I noticed the headgear is not as wide as the newer models. The intensifire lights seem to be alot bigger and I do not know if they will fit without the plate hitting them when the plow is lifted.

Has any one done this? Will it work? Do I need to make any fabrications?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I once had a set of lights that were too wide for the fisher I had, so I made a small flat bracket that went from the original mounting holes outward. Drilled two holes in my bracket one to mount to the head gear the other to mount the light on. My bracket was only about 4-5" long, flat but thick so the lights wouldn't vibrate, but the triangle wouldn't hit it in the raised position
  3. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

P/N 28330 is a bracket kit to convert the single hole into a 2 post setup.

4. Humez

Humez Junior Member

Wow, that sounds good. Thanks!!
  5. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Humez, mine fit on perfectly, no problem. When you say you have the older MM2, do you mean MM1????? The MM2's arent that old, and are in current production. They will fit just fine
  6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Early MM2's had a narrower headgear with only one light mounting hole.