1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Internatoinal Harvester Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by GTLS, Nov 28, 2008.

1. GTLS

GTLS Member

Hey guys, this is what I'll be plowing our driveway with this year. My Dad picked it up from an old tractor dealer. It's sure old, but powerful as hell. No plowing for neighbors this year either. Too time consuming with just a tractor. By the way it has a mowing deck too that we picked up for it, but my Scag and Toro are just so much quicker to use. Hopefully someday I'll have a rig like some of you guys. Some of your Fords are just jaw dropping they're so cool.

Cub Cadet.jpg

Cub Cadet 2.jpg

Cub Cadet 3.jpg
  2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Nice rig. We all gotta start somewhere. I plowed almost 15 accounts with the john deere in my sig. this year i moved up to a quad..good luck
  3. GTLS

GTLS Member

Wow, that's impressive! I couldn't imagine plowing 15 with just a lawn tractor. That's some hard work and long hours. Lol last year we were still figuring this whole plowing thing out, like the best approach to it, and we got a bit stuck with the snow bank I accidentally created at the end of the driveway. Thank god the neighbor has one of those 2500 Cummins with a plow. Without him, that would have been a long time. By the way that was with over a foot snow on the driveway. Not exactly the best learning conditions.
  4. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Thats what I use every year, it takes a long time, but I get them done.
  5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Go get em Tiger111111
  6. GTLS

GTLS Member

Thanks guys! By the way we cleaned it up a bit since this picture was taken. It's been repainted and the plow was painted with teeth so it looks like it's eating the snow. I'll add the pics later.
  7. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Nice Plow! Some of my favorite memories are riding around on our old Bolens Garden tractor, though we had a blower. As a retirement project, dad finally built a plow setup for it. Enjoy the snow!

- Dan
  8. GTLS

GTLS Member

Haha that sounds like a fun project. And since he's retiring he'll have some extra time to have fun with that snow!
  9. greenred

greenred Member

That is a real nice looking International.
  10. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Yea. It was a pain to get all 15 done most days. I would start around 8am and end up plowing for about 12hrs. It was a great driveway machine just took forever to get from point A to point B. You got any pictures of it all painted now?
  11. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

Been there , done that with one like that, still get cold chills thinking about freezing my tail off with that.
  12. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

yea dude you gotta start somewhere cause sometimes its not the best thing to start in a truck right away cause its not all the easy but once you get it down you make make really good money i have 28 accounts now but i started 4 seasons ago working with a contractor he taught me alot about plowing and i learned on his truck then i finally got it down now i have my own little thing goin that i plan on making into a big business overtime but good luck to you you will make it to a truck just learn the best you can its makes it easier for you when you start plowing with a truck
  13. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

those old ih are great machines and the kohler motprs are hard to kill
  14. GTLS

GTLS Member

Hahahah well.... about that whole killing in thing...:). My Dad forgot to add new oil once, and yeah. So we had to get a new engine for it, but other than that(which was our fault, not the machines) it's been good. I think Mike, above, was saying something about learning how to plow: are there any tricks to it? I've always just lowered the blade and went for it from the middle of our driveway. Is there a better way?(overall it takes about 8-10 passes to get it all), and also the blade can move from side to side and angle(I dont know if that makes it easier to do it a certain way?)

Thanks for the comments guys
  15. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

as you learn you will see that there is different ways to plowing depending on what your plowing and having all the accounts i have i learned ways to plow and get the job done faster but doing it right at the same time its really all how you plan it theres really no one way of doing it yea the dropping and angleling of the blade concept is the same but how you plow is up to you like where the snow is gonna go and lawn lines stuff like that but you will learn as you go :)
  16. GTLS

GTLS Member

Oh alright. Gotcha!
  17. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

sweet tractor
  18. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

awwwwwwwww i had a 73 i just sold last winter. 13hp kohler on it 3speed with a creeper and a pto set up. it was an intresting tractor.chains and weight u didnt stop it.
  19. GTLS

GTLS Member

3 speed huh? That's a little different than this one. This has the single bar that you mover to determine the speed.
  20. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

yours is a hydrostatic. even easier then gear, except you need a hand free to run the lever